JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I started reading Jeff Cooper in the gun rags I just had to have a 1911. It's been a really great experience over the years and a favorite gun in my lifetime. I could have been happy if I only was allowed a Colt Series 70 and a Colt 22 conversion kit. A lot of good memories with that combination.

I also have my Remington's little brother, a 1903 Colt Type 1, made in 1908, in .32 ACP. Same idea, but the hammer is under the slide.

GunInv2016-Colt1.jpg

I am NOT a 1911 aficionado but am curious. Hopefully someone can explain in layman terms what the differences are.

The article says:

".....The U.S. Marine Corps has removed the last of its .45 caliber M45A1 Close Quarters Battle Pistols from service. The M45A1s, which are heavily upgraded variants of the venerable Colt M1911...."

What is the difference between a "heavily modified M45A1" and a "venerable 1911"?

My Google-Fu must be at lunch because I cannot find anything that would explain the differences.

I am NOT a 1911 aficionado but am curious. Hopefully someone can explain in layman terms what the differences are.

The article says:

".....The U.S. Marine Corps has removed the last of its .45 caliber M45A1 Close Quarters Battle Pistols from service. The M45A1s, which are heavily upgraded variants of the venerable Colt M1911...."

What is the difference between a "heavily modified M45A1" and a "venerable 1911"?

My Google-Fu must be at lunch because I cannot find anything that would explain the differences.

They have a dual recoil spring system that is suppose to tame down the .45 ACP round by lowering the recoil impulse, also has 3-dot tritium night sights, a 5-inch national match barrel, ambidextrous safety, picatinny rail on the dust cover, and a desert tan Cerakote finish.

I'm more concerned with the woke sh!t getting pushed in the military than I am about 9mm vs .45.

I'm glad I'm not active anymore. That's for damn sure.
I know what you mean. I had a lesbian CO and a lesbian OIC in 2002. They were butch as F and wouldn't put up with sissies.

I know what you mean. I had a lesbian CO and a lesbian OIC in 2002. They were butch as F and wouldn't put up with sissies.
I could give a sh!t if your gay or lesbian in the military as long as you can pull your weight and do your job. That's not what I'm talking about. Nice try though…. Starting another petty argument.

Troll on.

I could give a sh!t if your gay or lesbian in the military as long as you can pull your weight and do your job. That's not what I'm talking about. Nice try though…. Starting another petty argument.

Troll on.
Which argument? I think you're imagining something. I was being funny.

Or are you just grouchy tonight because you've destroyed your back? :eek:

Sure, but lots of people have sucked up 9mm also. I just like a little more for marginal shots.
I watched a kid take a .45 to the forehead from 8ft away. He lived for over an hour afterwards and could hold a full conversation. Bullet didn't penetrate his skull.

Experiences may vary.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads