JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will pair them with a couple other Springfields...for someone to inherit when I croak.

ui_SApairs.jpg
Will check-in if I get a lead time or delivery date…for the pistols, not for my croaking.

Wish I didn't see this thread...

Last Edited:
the one pistol i regret selling was my Valor.. it was by fat the best shooting, nicest trigger 19ll i ever owned and i owned a few Guncrafters.
Not a regret but i absolutely loved my DW Heritage. Tack driver, tight, clean looks and just plain pleasing. Only sold to reduce selection of cartridges.

Coincidentally, I Got a marketing email today from Impact Guns in Boise ID is taking pre-orders for all the new TRP lineup. Free shipping.

My first 1911 was a Springfield Professional Operator in 45acp which I still have and love. How does the TRP stack up to the Pro? Do you think they will release a 9mm TRP?

I will pair them with a couple other Springfields...for someone to inherit when I croak.

View attachment 1805248
Will check-in if I get a lead time or delivery date…for the pistols, not for my croaking.

I was able to check the non-railed version today...fit and finish was very nice. Looks like Northwest Armory in Scottsdale may have a railed one on-hand. (Also indicates the Portland location has one available). If the weather cooperates, I will run up to Scottsdale. Interested in how well the magazine guide is blended.
Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 13.51.31.png

Last Edited:

View attachment 1805248

The sunny weather called me out...so I hopped in the Long-Hood Austrian Prius and took a drive to Scottsdale.
ui_springfields.jpeg
The two TRwePs with their paired rifles. Might get the bobbed one coated to match the 2-tone SOCOM16.
ui_TweRPs.jpeg
Will add my first impressions after I give them the once-over.

Edit to add: I had to get them before @HA556 purchased all the 1911s

Last Edited:
especially the aluminum frame carry models which supposedly have a ramped barrel, solving the major downside to many other alloy framed 1911s.
It will be interesting to see how well the frame holds up...
Front and rear sights are not centered...
ui_ramp.jpeg

Finally, SA takes the freakin' billboard off the slides and the stupid "TACTICAL" off the frames.
Discreet branding is a plus...
IMG_5651.jpeg

IMG_5652.jpeg
Clearly the magwell isn't blended
2-Piece not blended...
ui_noblend01.jpeg
ui_noblend02.jpeg

Front sight will be swapped out...
Top of slide serrations run past the front sight...
IMG_5650.jpeg
20 lines per inch checkering is fairly aggressive on the front strap and main spring housing ...then adding the VZ Hydra grips to make the pistol a real glove grinder.

If anyone is interested, I will continue to post as I dig into them.

It will be interesting to see how well the frame holds up...
Front and rear sights are not centered...
View attachment 1822749

Discreet branding is a plus...
View attachment 1822753

View attachment 1822754

2-Piece not blended...
View attachment 1822750
View attachment 1822751

Front sight will be swapped out...
Top of slide serrations run past the front sight...
View attachment 1822756
20 lines per inch checkering is fairly aggressive on the front strap and main spring housing ...then adding the VZ Hydra grips to make the pistol a real glove grinder.

If anyone is interested, I will continue to post as I dig into them.
I'm interested. Please keep us posted

Latest Observations...Looking at the 4.25 TweRP
ui_twerp_hammer.jpg
The photo shows a piece of dislodged coating riding the hammer.

The hammer face shouldn't be coated with anything that can chip or scrape off. It looks like the firing pin stop has a sharp edge...I can feel it drag when cycling the slide. The hammer face should have the coating removed so that it doesn't end up inside the pistol.

Also, the rear sight notch is not cut cleanly. The slide has a bit of horizontal play. The extractor sits slightly proud of the rear of the slide.

The grip safety is fitted nicely, and the thumb safety engagement is positive...tactile and audible.

I know that dollar has lost a fair amount of purchasing power...but so far, I am finding this TweRP to be underwhelming at its price-point.

My FFL just gave me the call that he found the compact model in FDE and it's on the way. My quoted price OTD was 1710. Great way to spend my kicker refund

The old generation of TRP (California approved models) are on Bud's for about $1450 now. That's a really good deal for what you're getting. My standard TRP was tight enough to need a little force to pull apart. Getting excited to pick up my new generation model this afternoon

My first 1911 was a Springfield Professional Operator in 45acp which I still have and love. How does the TRP stack up to the Pro? Do you think they will release a 9mm TRP?
The professional is hand fitted and the TRP is "select fitted" meaning it's still of the assembly line parts, just parts that fit more gooder. The professional is a solid step above the TRP and has the price point to match

I do not believe they will be releasing a 9mm TRP any time soon. Don't know why, they'd certainly sell.