JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I watched a kid take a .45 to the forehead from 8ft away. He lived for over an hour afterwards and could hold a full conversation. Bullet didn't penetrate his skull.

Experiences may vary.
My old dad would have claimed my head was that hard back in my early teen years I bet?

The 1911 was miles ahead of its contemporaries, one notable exception (IMO) being the Hi-Power. But if you compare a 1911 to a P.08, P.38, or a Tokarev TTC, there is no comparison. Other than being really cool those other pistols are garbage. Every collector should have at least one (1) 1911.

Last Edited:
1911s have good ergos and a great trigger. The 1911 was miles ahead of its contemporaries, one notable exception (IMO) being the Hi-Power. But if you compare a 1911 to a P.08, P.38, or a Tokarev TTC, there is no comparison. Other than being really cool those other pistols are garbage. Every collector should have at least one (1) 1911. However the 1911 is not what I would reach for if I heard glass breaking in the middle of the night.
Many would argue the P38 was leader of the pack, being the first DA auto pistol that would eventually take over the 1911 in the military and the revolver in LE.

I think we've got way bigger problems than which pistol they are packing.
Yup.....I'll pray on that thought.

Book_Of_Browning.jpg

Aloha, Mark

I have lots of thoughts about the 1911. All in all it might be my favorite automatic.

Main thing that I'm struck by right now is the depth and extent of that article on Yahoo the OP linked to. Compared to the breezy little article I read on Guns America this morning, that Yahoo article sure did have a lot of detail.

20200618_113334.jpg

I have lots of thoughts about the 1911. All in all it might be my favorite automatic.

Main thing that I'm struck by right now is the depth and extent of that article on Yahoo the OP linked to. Compared to the breezy little article I read on Guns America this morning, that Yahoo article sure did have a lot of detail.

View attachment 1445502
Probably AI generated, your honor.

Probably AI generated, your honor.
I'm abashed to admit it but I didn't think of AI in this context. You're probably right.

I've read a few AI generated cover letters for job applications and some have been pretty hilariously vague. Probably read a few more I didn't know were AI generated...

I'm abashed to admit it but I didn't think of AI in this context. You're probably right.

I've read a few AI generated cover letters for job applications and some have been pretty hilariously vague. Probably read a few more I didn't know were AI generated...
Soon it'll be like 99% one way or another.. it'll really depend on the venue/generator/person.
These days anybody that reads/presents something online I assume it's AI bullcrap trying to make a buck, get a click.. in my opinion.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews