JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Knowing that there are many people out there searching for jobs as a step up, or looking for jobs because they dont have one, I wanted to get some information out to others letting them know about the jobs that I know of. IF you know of businesses looking to fill positions, please pass the word!

Safety / Security at Legacy Hospitals. Great pay and good benefits
https://legacyhealth.igreentree.com/css_External/CSSPage_JobDetail.ASP?T=20161130094329&

I know there are others out there. Anyone?

Knowing that there are many people out there searching for jobs as a step up, or looking for jobs because they dont have one, I wanted to get some information out to others letting them know about the jobs that I know of. IF you know of businesses looking to fill positions, please pass the word!

https://legacyhealth.igreentree.com/css_External/CSSPage_JobDetail.ASP?T=20161130094329&

Thanks!

I am currently looking and this is great info - will check them out today!:cool:

I do not meet the minimum requirements unfortunately. They want 2 years of Police, Military or other Security work and I have none.

I have a login now though so I'll keep an eye out for technical jobs.

I would apply anyway joe. let them tell you that you are not qualified. I bet you will get an interview.

The internet has ruined job applying...:(.

I tried that and got an immediate email saying that they received my app but I did not meet their minimum requirements.

If they actually met me I'm sure I'd get the job.

I've started sending resumes to places even if I don't meet all the requirements based on some great advice I received from a hiring manager I was referred to from someone here.

I've started sending resumes to places even if I don't meet all the requirements based on some great advice I received from a hiring manager I was referred to from someone here.

+1 on this. More and more companies are hiring people based on "soft-skills" and those skills are sometimes hiding in seemingly unrelated work experience. You may not see it, but a good hiring manager knows what to look for in a persons' application or resume.

Which reminds me of this video:

@Joe13, if at all possible find the person actually in charge and just go talk to them. Our neighbor's daughter wanted to work at the Costco bakery. After going through HR and filling out an application, she walked to the bakery, asked to see the manager, and told him she wanted to work. She went to work there the next week. She was just out of high school with no experience, but went to the front of the list by being assertive. She's now been there over twelve years. Putting a faceless resume/application in a stack with who knows how many others doesn't leave you very good odds, especially when your paperwork doesn't really reflect your abilities.

@Joe13, if at all possible find the person actually in charge and just go talk to them. Our neighbor's daughter wanted to work at the Costco bakery. After going through HR and filling out an application, she walked to the bakery, asked to see the manager, and told him she wanted to work. She went to work there the next week. She was just out of high school with no experience, but went to the front of the list by being assertive. She's now been there over twelve years. Putting a faceless resume/application in a stack with who knows how many others doesn't leave you very good odds, especially when your paperwork doesn't really reflect your abilities.

Word homie

Good on ya for this thread.

I looked into the county jail correctional officers and this is where I need improvement:

Physical Abilities Test (Pass/Fail) – Candidate must provide documentation from a licensed medical doctor that clears them to complete a physical abilities test which includes timed completion of a 1.5 mile run, sit-ups, and push-ups.

I still have 2 months minimum to be able to pass that part - everything else is no problem.

The adult jail pays better and has full time jobs open non-stop to my knowledge.

After 2 years I think people move out to sherif deputies or other lateral transfers.

Just got to get 100% physically and I may try out for it.

Right now (between every other lead I get) I've been reaching out to old friends to get back into the telecommunications field which would start out with good benifits, vehicle and high pay.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top