JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just read a book called "One Second After" about an EMP strike and have been depressed ever since. The book takes place in a mountain college town in the Carolinas and follows what went on after the strike for a year or so. Not pretty.

Read the other 2, not as well written, but still pretty good.

Remember that it's just a novel...

One of the hardest things for me to do is to burn through the denial. I have a bad feeling about all of this. I for one am using the time given to us to do what I can practically do to get ready ... as bad as that sounds. :(

Last Edited:
Personal Opinion. Subjective. Tactics Of Fear? ...

An EMP show down with NK could work out any number of ways All of them not good. A potential few ending up very bad indeed for the USA. At the very least a regional high intensity conventional war would not end well at all for SK and J. China enters into it also. What could it all escalate into?

Russia?

I don't want to even think about that. Hope saner heads prevail. Mattis spouting off does not help things. As bad as this sounds, buying off that little nut case who runs NK would be a whole lot cheaper all around for all. The problem is can he be continually bought off? History shoes he can't.

Broken prior treaties.

Can North Korea deliver a big EMP bomb 1000 miles above Omaha NB? Probably not. But like discussed before NK MIGHT be able to pop an EMP off one of our coasts high enough up to do the trick. The sum of all fears. Maybe I am making too much of this threat. Or maybe not enough.

Duuno which. Not sure at all. :(

Korea War Seen Killing Up to 300,000 Even Without Nukes

Even if North Korea "uses only its conventional munitions, estimates range from between 30,000 and 300,000 dead in the first days of fighting," the report said, citing North Korea's ability to fire 10,000 rounds per minute. Moreover, the conflict could quickly spread to involve forces from China, Japan and Russia.

"Such a conflict could also involve a massive mobilization of U.S. forces onto the Korean Peninsula, and high military casualty rates," the report said. "Complicating matters, should China choose to join the conflict, those casualty rates could grow further, and could potentially lead to military conflict beyond the peninsula."

Still, the report noted that some analysts say that allowing Kim's regime to acquire the ability to develop a missile capable of delivering nuclear warheads to the continental U.S. would be of even greater risk than the outbreak of regional war.

I see the elephant in the room as being the artillery the north has positioned to strike Seoul. I would imagine it is old school pre electronics weaponry that an EMP would have little effect on. We could off course eliminate any nuclear threat (and would do so) quickly. The artillery batteries might require wide spread use of MOABS......that I know we have recintly ordered a large number of. A free fire order over the entire country and liberal use of Weasel type aircraft would make short work of there mobile missile launchers and large troop movements. We have trained for that type warfair for 50 years in the European theater. We own the air space and when we are allowed to exert our full force it is devastating. All that being said. It looks to me like China may be orchestrating a civil war (regime change) enabling them to eliminate the threat and still retain influence in the region. There is a lot going on in the north, more people are effected by hunger than ever, I read about a tunnel collapse this morning that killed 200 nuculer technicians that is suspicious (a bomb?) and anti government demonstrations are becoming more frequent. If China does not get control of the situation, they will loose the region to the south which is the last thing they want to do. Starving populations are very easy to control and influence. That is how Hitler gained so much power so quickley. He fed the post WW1 population, gave them jobs and restored national pride. something FDR was unable to do here in our country until WW2 pulled us out of the depression. China has more than adaquate resources to feed and get the North Korean economy going (as does South Korea) they have a strong vested interest (coal, iron ore, and national pride) in keeping North Korea in the fold particularly since the Russians seem to have cut them off.

The thing is, those Nork artillery batteries are fifty years old, have limited ammo, and as soon as they either light up or try to relocate counterbattery fire and airpower will be on them like stink on sh*t.

The opening salvo's gonna suck, but that's about all they're gonna get--I linked a pro's commentary earlier in this thread.

I totally agree but South Korea won't want there finest and most densely populated city to endure even the opening salvo. I find the current Chinese leader to be quite interesting. He seems to be very western leaning compared with his predecessors. He is very comfortable in the west, sent his daughter to Harvard and is married to a fashion model. (I believe he speaks English) The Chinese Military is still a powerful world unto its own but I have to believe there influence is diminishing over all in favor of the Chinese middle class and busisness interests. My wife's best friend (now deceased) flew as the 1st seat for United in a 747 from SFO to China. She had lots of stories on both the growing middle class and military influence in China. She got better maintenance on her Boeing in Shanghai than she did here in the states.

China would fight us off. They have already. Lets be serious, China controls the region. We have a foot hold in SK, thats it.
If we insert too much control over NK directly China will surely biDch slap us back into line. What happened in Korea the first time? The US pushed NKeans into China, and China instantly rolled us back to the 38th parallel. where the war degraded to trench battles over a no mans land and we have the DMZ today.
An EMP is probably the only thing NK could actually produce that would cause a problem here in the US, but probably wouldnt enter US airspace before beginning shot down.
Trump is Porkys kind of crazy, thats why they fear each others tweets on Twitter.
Gen. Maddis is the man to listen to about NK, he will be the one to release the dogs of war.

The second I opened that link...I could only see....​

fotolia_8440473_XS.jpg 1473086c-926c-4e56-a54e-3f305aca158f-large16x9_AP17265052422311.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top