JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If all you want to do is try out the wave system sportsmans carries the crappy Kershaw copies I'm sure kershaw has some kind of local store as well

A real Emerson is a great knife but the kershaw copy is kind of a single use item.

I saw that Blade HQ was running a sale on the Kershaw/Emerson knives, so I picked one up for $20. I figured even if it has crap steel I can get a feel for the design and if its worth spending the $150-250 for a ZT or actual Emerson

My son has both an Emerson and a Kershaw version. The You can tell the price difference in the quality. The Emerson is more solid and the wave is smoother.

I picked up a Kershaw CQC 4k for $20.
DSC_1242__97655.1402592885.730.500.jpg

Its the cheapest knife I have ever purchased, but I have been shocked at how much I have liked it. The materials and fit and finish match the price, but I am sold on the wave opener. I have liked it so much I am now thinking an Emerson CQC 15 will be my next knife purchase.
emerson-cqc-15-bt-black-blade-folding-knife-17.jpg

Last Edited:
I have a Spyderco Endura Wave... It's a permanent part of my edc. I've been thinking about moving the clip for left pocket carry. In a defensive situation where I need to pull a knife, it's quite possible the right hand will be otherwise occupied.

You can do the ziptie mod on almost any spyderco knife and get the same effect. ?temp_hash=5077ecf7b374b22d323db5730f58c703.jpg

7EA5E02C-72E9-4601-BEC0-5E339C09D2DA-175-0000002E788E9E0D_tmp.jpg

I have a Spyderco Endura Wave... It's a permanent part of my edc. I've been thinking about moving the clip for left pocket carry. In a defensive situation where I need to pull a knife, it's quite possible the right hand will be otherwise occupied.

You can do the ziptie mod on almost any spyderco knife and get the same effect.View attachment 383728

View attachment 383727

Interesting the PM2 was also on my wishlist

Oregon Rifleworks has a nice selection of Spyderco's. The PM3 didn't fit in my hand as magically as the PM2, but ymmv.

I swung by the Gun Room in SE PDX last week and they had a few Emerson's in stock including a CQC7 and Journeyman. Man they have some aggressive texturing on the G10; sweet knives though!

I recently caught the wave and bought a Kershaw Emerson CQC-5K 6074OLBLK with a liner lock and G-10 on both sides. I like it, but it is kind of small. I am looking at getting a Kershaw Emerson Large CQC 4KXL (6055) or a Kershaw Emerson CQC-6K (6034) next.

Good choice with the Para2! Spyderco is my favorite production knife company. I had a CQC-15 which was a great knife but I grew to dislike the wave feature and after becoming somewhat of a knife steel junkie 154CM just didn't do it for me even though it's decent and Emerson likes it because of ease of sharpening.

I picked up a few of the CQC-4XLs at the Kershaw Warehouse sale. I like the larger size. I'll have to check out the Emerson's in person. I'm sure that there are differences due to material and workmanship just like the difference between Kershaw and ZT.

I have the zt 0630 and quite a few of the cqc's. You can tell the difference between the two but they are both great knives. The action on the ZT is buttery smooth, but if you are using the wave, as it was designed, you can't tell a huge difference. Obviously, if you have the extra money to spend, I would go with the ZT or an actual Emerson. If you just wanna test out the wave feature and don't wanna spend a lot, I don't think you'd be disappointed in one of the cqc's. They are a great value.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top