JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all.

I am going to hunt elk this year in SW WA. I have 2 or 3 spots in mind up towards trout lake, but did NOT scout as much as I should. The one spot I did check out was a bust.

I was planning to solo hunt, but the wife keeps worrying. I plan to go on a few over night trips about 2 hrs from Vancouver. Drive up, hunt evening. Minimal camp, sleep in truck, hunt till 2-3 pm next day and head home.

Heading up sat afternoon, then midweek, then midweek next week.

I plan to hunt med- hard, hiking at least a few miles. Could push this farther with a partner to help eachother haul meat.

First elk hunt. Hunted deer and pig before. I am safe with a gun and won't shoot you in the butt.

I am 28 amd reasonably fit, but not a body builder/cross fit dude, so I can't go 20 miles in a day.

If you want to go, PM me and we can figure something out. Whoever gets and animal should at least give a quarter + to their partner helping haul it out IMO.

Hello all.

I am going to hunt elk this year in SW WA. I have 2 or 3 spots in mind up towards trout lake, but did NOT scout as much as I should. The one spot I did check out was a bust.

I was planning to solo hunt, but the wife keeps worrying. I plan to go on a few over night trips about 2 hrs from Vancouver. Drive up, hunt evening. Minimal camp, sleep in truck, hunt till 2-3 pm next day and head home.

Heading up sat afternoon, then midweek, then midweek next week.

I plan to hunt med- hard, hiking at least a few miles. Could push this farther with a partner to help eachother haul meat.

First elk hunt. Hunted deer and pig before. I am safe with a gun and won't shoot you in the butt.

I am 28 amd reasonably fit, but not a body builder/cross fit dude, so I can't go 20 miles in a day.

If you want to go, PM me and we can figure something out. Whoever gets and animal should at least give a quarter + to their partner helping haul it out IMO.

I would be interested. Me and a buddy do day hunts.

Yeah

560 - lewis river, east side of it.
572- siouxon

560 total take was 226. 185 being 4 pts or better
572 total take was 68, 46 being 4 pts or better

I've never hunted those particular areas, I'll have to give that some thought, we can discuss via pm and see what developes if your good with that. I'm a bit older than yourself, but very capable in the woods...

You have dates in mind yet???

Yeah I usually hunt 560, but between over hunting, predators, and a couple harsh winters the heard has been depleted.

Might take a few years to come back.
IMO they should make this a draw unit or close some to hunting for a few years to grow the heard back.

Yeah I usually hunt 560, but between over hunting, predators, and a couple harsh winters the heard has been depleted.

Might take a few years to come back.
IMO they should make this a draw unit or close some to hunting for a few years to grow the heard back.

That is a bummer to hear. Lucky for me Gunnerboy is taking me out to either a) hunt elk or b) bury me and fertilize his mushroom spot. Not sure which. Worth it.

Last Edited:
The mushroom picking was slim..only a gallon of chantrelles..we were about 4hrs behind the elk, the droppings had just got cold, tracks were visible and not rained out, brush freshly broken..some somet spooked them before we got there. I showed him the terrain and let him go play elk Hunter on his own after I left at 2pm ..lots of elk in those woods

IMG_20181103_111316.jpg IMG_20181103_103751.jpg

Well problem is there's 3 others that look like those and the rest will kill you lol..chantre chan grow in groups, under ferns mostly, and have a unique Gill that runs to the stem as seen...best anwser get s book.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top