JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well problem is there's 3 others that look like those and the rest will kill you lol..chantre chan grow in groups, under ferns mostly, and have a unique Gill that runs to the stem as seen...best anwser get s book.

That's why we didn't touch even one;).

I'm just not going to try learning it on my own - I like my organs functioning:D.

Always wanted to but finding a hunting mentor is easier then a shroom mentor, and I'm still walking in circles around mountains and no meat in the freezer:rolleyes:.

I think I'll have Advil for breakfast.

I can tell you the same advise I gave taco...your looking for a critter with no ryme or reason no sense of logic that runs thru the woods at random unsure of it's next move like a drunken moron..now your task is to find said creature..so best start wandering like a moron too:D then when you find tracks get on em

Tried uploading pics but not enough service.
Made a hasty camp with a tarp over the truck. Been pouring rain since 4 pm but starting to slack up. Had to lay sticks down behind the truck so I didn't drown standing there.

Was a great hunt. Covered a lot of ground.

Thanks again Gunnerboy!

Having breakfast in bed then I am gonna stomp over to Mr elk's bedroom and kick his door in. Today is the day, I can feel it!

Struck out. I think I got close a couple times, maybe who knows. I did cover a TON of ground. Went up and down 3 seperate ridges and in a huge loop.

Still an awesome trip!

20181104_130216.jpg 20181103_171618.jpg 20181103_152054_HDR.jpg

Now you know a little bit about living in the jungle during the pursuit of the yellow no logic wapiti...socks lots of socks lol

I went home and immediatly washed all my gear in tech wash water repellent! And grabbed more wool socks! And ordered sno-seal for my leather boots.

Taco
If you knock one down yer gonna need some help getting it out.
And don't forget cat/bear overwatch.

Good luck

I found my frame pack with all my gear was too heavy and noisy. My plan was to clean the kill, bag and string up the meat, then pack out backstraps and neck meat on the first trip. Then switch the 30-06 for my 300 blk AR pistol for bears and cats, and get the frame pack for the other pieces.

But yeah, it would have been a royal pain in the butt. I was figuring it would take a day or so.

I got a partner for my next two hunts luckily.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top