JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Addressed to all of our customers, Oregon gun owners, our fellow Oregon FFLs, and to firearms enthusiasts everywhere:

By now you are most likely aware that at 12am on Dec 8th the Oregon State Police will be requiring permits for firearms purchasing due to Measure 114. There have been numerous questions surrounding what will happen next. As of now on the FICS website there are currently ~ 4,100 purchasers in the CHL queue, and ~19,200 in the normal queue. Additionally we have over 50 clients who have been in a Delayed background check status indefinitely, 5 of which are still from 2020.

With queue numbers rapidly increasing daily as more and more Oregonians attempt to acquire firearms before their rights are restricted for the foreseeable future, by Dec 7th at 11:59pm we estimate that upwards of 30,000+ purchasers will be stuck in limbo with no way to take possession of their purchases.

This has created a situation where both businesses and customers are stuck in a no-win scenario. What happens to the hundreds of thousands of dollars spent in tied up purchases across the state? Will customers have their hard earned money tied up in pending sales indefinitely until a permitting system is in place? Will dealers have to refund significant earnings on inventory they can no longer sell and face even further financial issues than this bill will already cause? Many hold out hope for injunctions, lawsuits, stays, etc. Well hope is not a plan. Forced into a corner with an uncertain future we are enacting a nuclear option:

Effective immediately we will be releasing all firearms with pending background checks under the 3 day rule listed in [18 U.S.C. 922(t); 27 CFR 478.102(a)(2)].

This means that if 3 full business days have elapsed since we submitted your background check you are good to come in and pick up your firearm. Please note that it must be 3 full business days - this means if you submitted a check on Monday that went into the queue, after Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday have elapsed you may pick up your firearm on Friday.

Given that Dec 8th falls on a Thursday that means the last day we can submit your background check and still guarantee delivery by end of day on Dec 7th would be Thursday Dec 1st.

For those not in the queue and in a Delayed status please note NICS checks are only valid for 30 days, which means you will need to come into the shop for us to fill out a new 4473 to get you back into the queue.

We will of course work through our backlog of pending background checks to call and notify all of our customers as quickly as we can, but in the meantime please spread the word as much as possible on any platform you have access to.

We also invite and encourage all other Oregon FFLs to join us in adopting this policy. If this State wants to take us down we believe we should go out with a bang, not a whimper. After years of indefinite delays, cancellations, and now this assault on our rights & livelihoods it is time to stand together and tell the State and the FICS Unit enough is enough.

Faithfully and sincerely,

- J&B Firearm Sales Inc.
Tigard Pawn 4 More has joined the 3 Day Rule Team (selectively, please read this post carefully before you hound them). Tigard Pawn 4 More in Tigard is now honoring the 3 Day Rule in a selective manner. I am not privy to what queue status they are relying on but if you are a regular customer or have a current CHL, there is a fair chance that they will implement it for you. It will apply to firearms already being held and in store firearm purchases. I would email them to ask about other scenarios where they may apply 3 day rule.

Again they will be implementing the 3 day rule on a case by case basis. If you are a fresh face don't expect that they will do it for you. I am not saying they won't but don't be surprised if you have to wait. This is not a blanket policy for every customer who walks through the door.

They had a good number of firearms in stock. I would highly encourage you to visit their store as this may be your last opportunity to buy a firearm and be able to collect it before the poo storm really hits the fan.

Lastly, please ask your local FFL to do the same. I have an email ready to fire off to Sunset Firearms in the morning asking him to follow the lead of the other heroic FFLs who have stepped up during this turbulent time.

Last Edited:
Lastly, please ask your local FFL to do the same. I have an email ready to fire off to Sunset Firearms in the morning asking him to follow the lead of the other heroic FFLs who have stepped up during this turbulent time.
I know Lincoln City Sporting Goods is not doing that and I doubt they ever will.

However, they are submitting people in the system who either want to be or know they are instant approvals...

The store employees stay late calling in the background checks to help people get their purchases same day if you can wait or in the next day or 2...

Unfortunately, this means for how late the owner works, maybe a few hours of sleep a night these last couple weeks...

The FFLs who implement the 3 Day rule deserve high praise and more of our business now and far into the future. Many FFLs may go the way of the Dodo bird, let's hope that at least some of those who risked more for their customers, survive.

Last Edited:
Tigard Pawn 4 More has joined the 3 Day Rule Team (selectively, please read this post carefully before you hound them). Tigard Pawn 4 More in Tigard is now honoring the 3 Day Rule in a selective manner. I am not privy to what queue status they are relying on but if you are a regular customer or have a current CHL, there is a fair chance that they will implement it for you. It will apply to firearms already being held and in store firearm purchases. I would email them to ask about other scenarios where they may apply 3 day rule.

Again they will be implementing the 3 day rule on a case by case basis. If you are a fresh face don't expect that they will do it for you. I am not saying they won't but don't be surprised if you have to wait. This is not a blanket policy for every customer who walks through the door.

They had a good number of firearms in stock. I would highly encourage you to visit their store as this may be your last opportunity to buy a firearm and be able to collect it before the poo storm really hits the fan.

Can confirm. Was told since I was a repeat customer and had a CHL.

The FFLs who implement the 3 Day rule deserve high praise and more of our business now and far into the future. Many FFLs may go the way of the Dodo bird, let's hope that at least some of those who risked more for their customers, survive.
Exactly right, and gun owners have long memories. Those that step up in the hour of need will be remembered and will have preferrential rights to my wallet once this crap is flushed.

Those that do not, will likewise be remembered! Good luck with that!😝

I want to get a "Measure 114 Airlift" going, starting with Sunset Firearms ( if necessary as I have an AR lower stuck there).

Here is my proposal:

Tigard Pawn 4 More is the only FFL that I am aware of locally that has implemented the 3 day rule (albeit selectively) and is still accepting new transfers.

If Gordon at Sunset Firearms is not going to implement the 3 day rule at his shop very soon, I would like him to work out an arrangement with his customers and Tigard Pawn 4 More to have the firearms that are likely going to be stuck there after Dec 8th moved to Tigard Pawn 4 More. He can work with his regular and CHL customers to select the firearms that Tigard Pawn 4 More will release based on the 3 day rule. I am not sure how many firearms are likely to be stuck at Sunset Firearms but if you have one there please write Gordon and ask him if he can set this up with Tigard Pawn 4 More. I will be sending him an email this morning requesting that he seriously consider implementing the 3 day rule and if he won't, to work out arrangements to move my firearm to Tigard Pawn 4 More.

Tigard Pawn 4 More is very efficient at handling transfers and they could really help out with this mess and make a bunch of money with transfer fees. The downside is that you would have to pay a new transfer fee to Tigard Pawn 4 More and fill out a new 4473. The plus side is that your firearm will be available to pick up in a week or less even if OSP fails to clear you and won't be stuck for potentially many months at your FFL.
This idea would be similar to what might happen if an FFL permanently closes and moves firearms to other FFLs so the owners can pick them up. Hopefully your FFL and Tigard Pawn 4 More can work out an arrangement that doesn't involve having to ship each firearm from one FFL to the other?

If you are a regular customer of Tigard Pawn 4 More or have a current CHL and have a firearm stuck at another local FFL. Please email (don't call, their phones have been ringing off the hook) Tigard Pawn 4 More and ask Tim if they can assist with getting your firearm transferred to you before Dec 8th deadline. They are doing heroic work over there. Here is email: [email protected]

If @J&B Firearm Sales Inc. begins accepting transfers again they could help assist us with this as well.

Many FFL's have been afraid over the years that checks began to take forever, to follow this law concerning the 3 day limit. SO it's fantastic to finally see one FFL holder whose not afraid to follow Oregon law!
Thank you J&B Firearms!

Many FFL's have been afraid over the years that checks began to take forever, to follow this law concerning the 3 day limit. SO it's fantastic to finally see one FFL holder whose not afraid to follow Oregon law!
Thank you J&B Firearms!
Tigard Pawn 4 More is doing the same and is still taking in new transfers.

I want to get a "Measure 114 Airlift" going, starting with Sunset Firearms ( if necessary as I have an AR lower stuck there).

Here is my proposal:

Tigard Pawn 4 More is the only FFL that I am aware of locally that has implemented the 3 day rule (albeit selectively) and is still accepting new transfers.

If Gordon at Sunset Firearms is not going to implement the 3 day rule at his shop very soon, I would like him to work out an arrangement with his customers and Tigard Pawn 4 More to have the firearms that are likely going to be stuck there after Dec 8th moved to Tigard Pawn 4 More. He can work with his regular and CHL customers to select the firearms that Tigard Pawn 4 More will release based on the 3 day rule. I am not sure how many firearms are likely to be stuck at Sunset Firearms but if you have one there please write Gordon and ask him if he can set this up with Tigard Pawn 4 More. I will be sending him an email this morning requesting that he seriously consider implementing the 3 day rule and if he won't, to work out arrangements to move my firearm to Tigard Pawn 4 More.

Tigard Pawn 4 More is very efficient at handling transfers and they could really help out with this mess and make a bunch of money with transfer fees. The downside is that you would have to pay a new transfer fee to Tigard Pawn 4 More and fill out a new 4473. The plus side is that your firearm will be available to pick up in a week or less even if OSP fails to clear you and won't be stuck for potentially many months at your FFL.
This idea would be similar to what might happen if an FFL permanently closes and moves firearms to other FFLs so the owners can pick them up. Hopefully your FFL and Tigard Pawn 4 More can work out an arrangement that doesn't involve having to ship each firearm from one FFL to the other?

If you are a regular customer of Tigard Pawn 4 More or have a current CHL and have a firearm stuck at another local FFL. Please email (don't call, their phones have been ringing off the hook) Tigard Pawn 4 More and ask Tim if they can assist with getting your firearm transferred to you before Dec 8th deadline. They are doing heroic work over there. Here is email: [email protected]

If @J&B Firearm Sales Inc. begins accepting transfers again they could help assist us with this as well.
That would be awesome! Not sure Tigard Pawn would want to be inundated with all of that if its not financially beneficial though. Mine is stuck at G4 but I plan to reach out to them to see if they will implement the 3 day rule. Curious, what happens to someone's existing 4473 in the queue? I assume the original shop would need to call OSP and wait on hold for 3+ hours to have it canceled.

That would be awesome! Not sure Tigard Pawn would want to be inundated with all of that if its not financially beneficial though. Mine is stuck at G4 but I plan to reach out to them to see if they will implement the 3 day rule. Curious, what happens to someone's existing 4473 in the queue? I assume the original shop would need to call OSP and wait on hold for 3+ hours to have it canceled.
Trust me they want transfers. The owner of the firearm would have to pay $25 to Tigard Pawn 4 More for the new transfer. The store makes $15 off each one.

I am not sure how the old shop would handle the cancellation or if that is even necessary. Regardless it beats having your firearm stuck at FFL for months.

Trust me they want transfers. The owner of the firearm would have to pay $25 to Tigard Pawn 4 More for the new transfer. The store makes $15 off each one.
Good to know! If my FFL won't utilize the 3 day rule, I hope they would at least facilitate sending my firearm over to Tigard Pawn. Have you verified Tigard Pawn would be open to this? I would call them beforehand obviously, but curious if you spoke with them already.

Good to know! If my FFL won't utilize the 3 day rule, I hope they would at least facilitate sending my firearm over to Tigard Pawn. Have you verified Tigard Pawn would be open to this? I would call them beforehand obviously, but curious if you spoke with them already.
I am going to email the owner today. I was in there yesterday and to pick up two lowers and they said they are still taking in transfers. The current FFL could ship it to Tigard Pawn 4 More but now the owner of the firearm is going to be on the hook for shipping cost the old FFL paid.

I am going to email the owner today. I was in there yesterday and to pick up two lowers and they said they are still taking in transfers. The current FFL could ship it to Tigard Pawn 4 More but now the owner of the firearm is going to be on the hook for shipping cost the old FFL paid.
Gotcha. Please keep us updated on what they say. I would be happy to pay the associated costs. Will be reaching out to my FFL when they open today as well.

I think it would be helpful if each firearm owner emailed Tigard Pawn 4 More so they can gauge the interest.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top