JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is great news and I'm sure happy to be a J&B customer... I have a transfer that should be there Wednesday and I've been worrying all weekend that even with my CHL I might not get the approval in time.

I do wish FFL's would have been doing this all along, but I understand the risk it poses to a business... even though they would be doing nothing wrong. The intent of 72-hour rule was to keep background checks from being used as a back door gun control, but that only works if FFL's are willing to use it. The time has to start when the BGC is submitted, not when somebody gets around to processing it, or what would be the point of a having 72-hour rule at all?

Would it be prudent to delete this thread, and any mention of it, so as not to "tip your hand"? Perhaps get on the horn with other FFL's and let 'em know, just in case they aren't seeing this. Would be outrageous if the state saw this and decided to prematurely put everything in some sort of status to prevent this. I say this as a customer and someone who is stoked J&B is doing this.

Would it be prudent to delete this thread, and any mention of it, so as not to "tip your hand"? Perhaps get on the horn with other FFL's and let 'em know, just in case they aren't seeing this. Would be outrageous if the state saw this and decided to prematurely put everything in some sort of status to prevent this. I say this as a customer and someone who is stoked J&B is doing this.
Yeah um that would be a lawsuit from hell...

Media outlets are all over the place on effective date . I seen 2 in ,on 1 day that was stating the 114 was about back ground checks . one source was from a news paper in a county that voted a hard NO , some large 2A channels state it goes in effect in jan
Well, the SoS and OSP are saying it goes into affect on the 8th at 12:00am, so...

I bet this is going upset a lot of other FFL's. Now that J&B Firearms is saying they'll honor the 2-hour rule I'm sure it's going to put a lot more pressure on other FFL's to to the same. A business is free to do what it wants, but I think it's important we remember which ones were there for customers when the going got tough.

Do you guys have a Ruger Mk IV 22/45? Id be happy to be a customer. Does my hear some good to see some FFLs taking a stand and putting it all on the line. I have my chl but I appreciate you trying to help those who do not

Which would kind of prove the point of the 3-day release option.

-E-

This would be my plan for issuing permits if I were Sheriff..........

24_drop.jpg

This is exactly what the BATF told me. I cannot release a firearm during the "awaiting operator" phase. 72 hours into the "delayed" status I can release.
So I'm going with what the BATF told me cos they are the ones who issue the FFL's.
I understand that you have to oblige the ATF.

However, the whole point of the 3-day rule was so that an official or office didn't leave gun purchases in a permanent "waiting" status. Having your BGC sitting in this queue or that queue or waiting on this certain step of the process still results in your BGC sitting in purgatory. A bureaucracy could, under that scenario, simply leave BGCs sitting in the mailbox, claim "we haven't started the process" and call it a day.

-E-

However, the whole point of the 3-day rule was so that an official or office didn't leave gun purchases in a permanent "waiting" status. Having your BGC sitting in this queue or that queue or waiting on this certain step of the process still results in your BGC sitting in purgatory. A bureaucracy could, under that scenario, simply leave BGCs sitting in the mailbox, claim "we haven't started the process" and call it a day.

-E-
Yep, this current scenario is exactly whet the 3 day rule was there. For anyone that did not know yet, 114 removed the 3 day "loophole" and allows for indefinite delay of your rights.

I heard on Saturday, that the current 10 people working through the background checks have 9 more training and will start very soon with more coming to push through the backlog of background checks...

This is great news and I'm sure happy to be a J&B customer... I have a transfer that should be there Wednesday and I've been worrying all weekend that even with my CHL I might not get the approval in time.

I do wish FFL's would have been doing this all along, but I understand the risk it poses to a business... even though they would be doing nothing wrong. The intent of 72-hour rule was to keep background checks from being used as a back door gun control, but that only works if FFL's are willing to use it. The time has to start when the BGC is submitted, not when somebody gets around to processing it, or what would be the point of a having 72-hour rule at all?
In Ann Arbor Michigan big box ffl's Asolutely Will NOT release any gun without a Proceed, period.

Joe

-E-
Exactly!

I heard on Saturday, that the current 10 people working through the background checks have 9 more training and will start very soon with more coming to push through the backlog of background checks...
Hope that is true but I saw some troopers handing out tickets on I5 yesterday. I yelled at them to find a desk and start processing BG checks. I don't think they heard me.

-E-
Exactly. This is why I hate hearing gun related laws referred to as 'loop holes'.

The 3 day rule isn't a loop hole, it's a part of the law that was intentionally drafted to keep the government in check and make sure our rights are not violated.

Hope that is true but I saw some troopers handing out tickets on I5 yesterday. I yelled at them to find a desk and start processing BG checks. I don't think they heard me.
It was heard from a person in that office doing those background checks...

One customer in the store said that was his former job, working in that office, I asked if he could go back for a few weeks at least...

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews