JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
EB makes quality stuff no doubt. Glad to see he's offering a lifetime warranty (especially for the price)...IIRC, it wasn't always that way. I haven't been bit by the RMR/optics on EDC-pistols yet, that doesn't really appeal...at least in that regard. I do like his alternative FS treatment options.

Price-wise...it's kind of give and take. Too rich for my wallet, but I can appreciate the quality. If I won the lottery, I'd probably own more than a few.

Boss

They're actually the only semi-custom maker who's always provided a lifetime warranty in writing. For the money they charge, all the semi-customs should. Never had a problem with any of my Browns but their customer service is excellent and prompt when you want work done.

EB's new guns look like they come out of the sales & marketing department — not my thing but there's an azz for every seat. At least there's no external extractor.

When I was a kid I used to go the Fredrick and Nelson in Seattle to buy .22 ammo and while there drool over the Browning O/U shotguns they had in a glass case. Engraved with varying amounts for how much you wanted to spend. The lowest end one ran just a little less than some new cars did then :confused: It was fun to dream though. When I got older it became 1911's like this. I "could" of course buy one now days but, Wife would probably tell me I better hope I could have sex with it :s0140:
I have long said though if I hit the lotto I will have to buy at least one of these top end 1911's just for the hell of it:D

They're actually the only semi-custom maker who's always provided a lifetime warranty in writing. For the money they charge, all the semi-customs should. Never had a problem with any of my Browns but their customer service is excellent and prompt when you want work done.

EB's new guns look like they come out of the sales & marketing department — not my thing but there's an azz for every seat. At least there's no external extractor.

Hmmm, must be thinking of someone else. I *thought* originally they were 1 or 5 years. I think Baer is in the category as well. Wilson, Nighthawk, and Springfield Armory were always the 'Lifetime Warranty' crowd, but haven't looked in awhile. Regardless, for a four figure hand-built 1911, short doing something 'major stupid' like blowing it up with a bad handload, I would expect 5-star customer warranty/service.

And yeah, EB has stayed pretty on point...innovative, but not molesting the original design in over-the-top negative ways.

Boss

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads