JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I try not to dwell on it, but, a high pitch SCreeeeeeeeeee..........Best I can describe it. I don't notice it while the edger/string trimmer/mower/TV/what ever at the time are running though.

That's tinnitus, usually caused by a lifetime of loud noises.

Ah yep.......I really only notice it when I'm sitting here at the computer in the quiet of the morning. Thing is, I don't notice it when I'm out in the middle of, say, Siltcoos or Tahkenitch lake fishing? It's a sometimes thing I guess.

Ohrwurms are usually simple tunes. When I have one I get on youtube and listen to some classical music. It's complex enough that the ohrwurm is usually gone by then. Here's an example:

Soul-less experts make radio and TV commercials around annoyingly simplistic ditties that stick in your mind, usually with the product name jabbing repeatedly at your brain like a dagger. Basturds...

When I worked in a busy control tower decades ago, I sometimes had to call a reliever up from the radar room to cover for me, even during heavy traffic, so I could go outside to my truck and obliterate an annoying earworm put there by one of my co-workers - on purpose! The opening guitar riffs of Killing Yourself to Live usually took care of whatever was bugging me.

I'm not interested in Katy Perry's music, but I have no problem with a persistent eyeworm I experience featuring her magnificent breasts.

Speakers up!

Last Edited:
Thanks for that, Teflon!!!!

I just read Burt Reynolds' autobiography, (seemed like a good idea at the time, and then just HAD to watch Smokey and the Bandit,) so, I have had "Eastbound and Down" stuck in my head for days, until I listened to your Black Sabbath link!!

Thanks for that, Teflon!!!!

I just read Burt Reynolds' autobiography, (seemed like a good idea at the time, and then just HAD to watch Smokey and the Bandit,) so, I have had "Eastbound and Down" stuck in my head for days, until I listened to your Black Sabbath link!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Speaking of Burt Reynolds, back in the day I worked in central Florida and was on the roadside working when I heard tires squealing and looked up and low and behold there was the Bandit haulin bubblegum with a camera truck following in tow......o_O
No I didn't appear on any of the shows either.... I could have been a Hollywood movie star!!!!!!:D

Oh and thanks a lot, now I've got that tune stuck in my head!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Speaking of Burt Reynolds, back in the day I worked in central Florida and was on the roadside working when I heard tires squealing and looked up and low and behold there was the Bandit haulin bubblegum with a camera truck following in tow......o_O
No I didn't appear on any of the shows either.... I could have been a Hollywood movie star!!!!!!:D

Oh and thanks a lot, now I've got that tune stuck in my head!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

That tune will stick with you, until you can get something to replace it.....

Pretty neat seeing "The Bandit", on the road!!!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top