JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I try not to dwell on it, but, a high pitch SCreeeeeeeeeee..........Best I can describe it. I don't notice it while the edger/string trimmer/mower/TV/what ever at the time are running though.

That's tinnitus, usually caused by a lifetime of loud noises.

Ah yep.......I really only notice it when I'm sitting here at the computer in the quiet of the morning. Thing is, I don't notice it when I'm out in the middle of, say, Siltcoos or Tahkenitch lake fishing? It's a sometimes thing I guess.

Ohrwurms are usually simple tunes. When I have one I get on youtube and listen to some classical music. It's complex enough that the ohrwurm is usually gone by then. Here's an example:

Soul-less experts make radio and TV commercials around annoyingly simplistic ditties that stick in your mind, usually with the product name jabbing repeatedly at your brain like a dagger. Basturds...

When I worked in a busy control tower decades ago, I sometimes had to call a reliever up from the radar room to cover for me, even during heavy traffic, so I could go outside to my truck and obliterate an annoying earworm put there by one of my co-workers - on purpose! The opening guitar riffs of Killing Yourself to Live usually took care of whatever was bugging me.

I'm not interested in Katy Perry's music, but I have no problem with a persistent eyeworm I experience featuring her magnificent breasts.

Speakers up!

Last Edited:
Thanks for that, Teflon!!!!

I just read Burt Reynolds' autobiography, (seemed like a good idea at the time, and then just HAD to watch Smokey and the Bandit,) so, I have had "Eastbound and Down" stuck in my head for days, until I listened to your Black Sabbath link!!

Thanks for that, Teflon!!!!

I just read Burt Reynolds' autobiography, (seemed like a good idea at the time, and then just HAD to watch Smokey and the Bandit,) so, I have had "Eastbound and Down" stuck in my head for days, until I listened to your Black Sabbath link!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Speaking of Burt Reynolds, back in the day I worked in central Florida and was on the roadside working when I heard tires squealing and looked up and low and behold there was the Bandit haulin bubblegum with a camera truck following in tow......o_O
No I didn't appear on any of the shows either.... I could have been a Hollywood movie star!!!!!!:D

Oh and thanks a lot, now I've got that tune stuck in my head!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Speaking of Burt Reynolds, back in the day I worked in central Florida and was on the roadside working when I heard tires squealing and looked up and low and behold there was the Bandit haulin bubblegum with a camera truck following in tow......o_O
No I didn't appear on any of the shows either.... I could have been a Hollywood movie star!!!!!!:D

Oh and thanks a lot, now I've got that tune stuck in my head!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

That tune will stick with you, until you can get something to replace it.....

Pretty neat seeing "The Bandit", on the road!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top