JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On they day we celebrate our Independence & freedom from oppression the number 1 state that is
hell bent on reducing Americans freedom provided by the constatution is struck by a earthquake 7/4/2019 .. The earthquake is what most Californians will remember not what july 4th is all about.

Last Edited:
Heard about this earlier today. Too bad it didn't hit hard enough to pull part of the left coast from the San Andreas fault into the ocean.

Damn, and I was hoping the map would look like this:

upload_2019-7-5_23-7-43.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

Damn, and I was hoping the map would look like this:

View attachment 597622

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

As much as I hate to say it because 70% of my fam is there and they are like me (or us like minded folk,) I was hoping the same thing. When I got the call from my mom earlier today (about 2-3 minutes after the 7.1) I was hoping that everything west of her was falling off....So was she.....

As much as I hate to say it because 70% of my fam is there and they are like me (or us like minded folk,) I was hoping the same thing. When I got the call from my mom earlier today (about 2-3 minutes after the 7.1) I was hoping that everything west of her was falling off....So was she.....
Got a call from my dad a few hours ago.
He said it's been shaking all day .
Over 1000 after shocks

Got a call from my dad a few hours ago.
He said it's been shaking all day .
Over 1000 after shocks

It's crazy dude. I've never SEEN what she has (only experienced the shaking) but she said she was going out on her porch to have a smoke and WATCHED it coming through the desert ...She was like "WTF" then BOOM.....like a shock wave of sorts.

It's crazy dude. I've never SEEN what she has (only experienced the shaking) but she said she was going out on her porch to have a smoke and WATCHED it coming through the desert ...She was like "WTF" then BOOM.....like a shock wave of sorts.
I have been in a few small quakes.
It's crazy .
That's for sure.
I grew up in southern California.
And I was here in Seattle years ago when we had a good one .
20 years ago I was in Santa Barbara.
When the big one hit the Bay area .
And we felt it in Santa Barbara

I have been in a few small quakes.
It's crazy .
That's for sure.
I grew up in southern California.
And I was here in Seattle years ago when we had a good one .
20 years ago I was in Santa Barbara.
When the big one hit the Bay area .
And we felt it in Santa Barbara

I was a kid the last quake I remember. It was the one where the apartment complex collapsed on those people.....I just remember total chaos... my aunt was one of the medics to go there.........Northridge??? Sounds about right

I was a kid the last quake I remember. It was the one where the apartment complex collapsed on those people.....I just remember total chaos... my aunt was one of the medics to go there.........Northridge??? Sounds about right

I've been on the outskirts of 3 or 4 small quakes. Total powerlessness all you can do is try to get to where nothing lands on you.

I hope nobody is seriously hurt with these quakes. It's not the citizens of California that I'd like to see underwater. Now their lawmakers.....hmmmm.....

:D

The bay area one was in 89 and the was a another big one later in the 90s.
Accully 2 I just looked it up Northridge was in 94 and then another one in 99

Last Edited:
2nd earth quake Saturday. How do they determine if it is a separate quake -vs- aftershock?

7.1 MAG ROCKS CA
125 MILES N OF LA

The 7.1 wouldn't be called an aftershock. Because it's bigger, it would be called the mainshock and the smaller, first quake would be called a foreshock.

The area where this happened apparently has a number of small faults running through it. These quakes supposedly happened on different but connected faults. They believe the smaller quake triggered the larger quake. At least this is what they reported yesterday.

To me, however, it's all semantics. It doesn't matter what we call them or who went first or who was bigger. The bottom line is Ca had two very large quakes. But not the "big one," fortunately.

If/when the big one happens in California, most people expect it will happen on the San Andreas...which is capable of generating an 8.2 earthquake...they can apparently tell what the largest quake is that a fault can generate. 8.2 is BIG for sure...far more than twice as big as the 7.1 we just had since the Richter scale increases exponentially. But it pales in comparison to what the Cascadia Subduction Zone can do...which most people in California have never heard of. But the Cascadia runs from just south of San Francisco on up to the Canadian Border (more or less). And if that thing cuts loose it could generate as much as a 9.2 quake...which is just huge. If the Cascadia truly goes off we can kiss much of the west coast goodbye. Everything west of the 5 more less is what "they" say.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top