JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have the tool, but avoid the automatic shutoff valves, down in socal there was a huge push to install these everywhere, the problem is, they would often trigger too easily (<4.0 quakes) and the problem is, a dude from the gas co needs to come out to turn the thing back on. So if a mild quake hits, you have no damage, but your gas is shut off you could be in a world of hurt for no reason because of those stupid things.

Mine triggers at 5.2 on the richter scale or higher. I've only had it for 6 months.

I don't doubt that's what it's advertised as, I'm sure the mechanisms have gotten much better since I last had to deal with them.

However the fact remains, that your house will probably survive earthquakes higher than a 5.2 without damage, so if a 5.3 occurs next winter, whether your house gets damaged or not you won't have gas.

Any real prepper had better not solely depend on gas.. anything can happen, you need buku firewood and a good stove you can also cook and heat water on

I don't doubt that's what it's advertised as, I'm sure the mechanisms have gotten much better since I last had to deal with them.

However the fact remains, that your house will probably survive earthquakes higher than a 5.2 without damage, so if a 5.3 occurs next winter, whether your house gets damaged or not you won't have gas.

And if you look at the picture of the automatic shutoff valve I have you can either reset it or turn it off yourself.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top