JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it costs $250,000 a trip for the 747 and it takes 20 trips ($5,000,000) to put out a fire that ends up costing tens of millions of dollars to control, would they be able to realize they actually saved money.

huge chunk of Portlanders to get their retarded arses to wake up and boot people like Kate Brown and the others who for decades have made bad policy the norm.
problem is that exact style of making bad policy is a product of that very huge chunk of voters who are in the twilight zone, bereft of capacity to make critical decisions

We tried the environmentalist way by shutting down all logging on public lands, and look what we have, uncontrollable fires that will end up costing taxpayers millions of $$$$$$.
Maybe its time to bring back a more balanced plan,selective logging and undergrowth clearing. make logging companies stewards of the land again. as well as create job opportunities, and less importation of lumber products from Canada.

I do not know why the different agencies don't use a combined, up to date map. I've now found this one, which although less detail, does show the progression westward...

P1040853.jpg

https://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=df8bcc10430f48878b01c96e907a1fc3

Last Edited:
I'm really surprised that the little f**ks name hasn't come out yet. There has to be dozens of people who know who it is. Surely one of them would have posted his name on Fakebook or Twits or somewhere.

I'm just hoping that the parents or the kid get held responsible!! I am tired of things like this costing the tax payers and no one is held accountable. Parents should start parenting and if they can't handle the task then quit having kids!!

We tried the environmentalist way by shutting down all logging on public lands, and look what we have, uncontrollable fires that will end up costing taxpayers millions of $$$$$$.
Maybe its time to bring back a more balanced plan,selective logging and undergrowth clearing. make logging companies stewards of the land again. as well as create job opportunities, and less importation of lumber products from Canada.
Huh! That's a wet dream dude. So is bringing back normal grazing.

I don't get what the hell was going through the little tards head and his stupid friends, what were they like "hey guys lets go hiking in the dry woods and play with fireworks, nothing bad could happen"

Don't get me wrong, when I was a kid and teenager I liked to blow stuff up and play with fireworks and I'm sure most of the other guys on here did to.

But I would have never gone up into the woods to play with fireworks!

The times that I did play with fireworks or blowing up some models I always had a bucket of water and the area always got massively hosed down because I knew I would have gotten in deep sh!t if I did start a fire.

Wow! The first map site I was using has finally been updated. This fire has spread beyond my worst dreams. I have friends and family in East County, and they are preparing valuables for a bug out. I couldn't imagine why, since the fire was 30 miles away. This map, finally updated, now shows the fire in their back yard.

P1040856.jpg

Last Edited:
... Don't get me wrong, when I was a kid and teenager I liked to blow stuff up and play with fireworks and I'm sure most of the other guys on here did to...

The difference being that our generations were taught respect and common sense regarding hazardous things and situations.

Now we ban everything and hide the knowledge. So when kids get hold of something they do whatever comes to mind.

We are doing the same with gun safety education.

I kinda feel sorry for the kid... kinda. At 15yo how many stupid things did you and I do that could have escalated to something much worse. The kid has millions of people calling for his head on a pike. I wonder if he even comprehends the magnitude of what he did. Hes going to have to live with the knowledge that his stupidity destroyed one of the most picturesque places on the planet for the rest of his life. Having something like that on my conscience would be a severe punishment on its own.

I just got this warning in an email from the school district while typing...

-----------------------------------------------
Air quality levels in Kelso/Longview this morning are listed at "unhealthy levels" by the Washington State Department of Health. All students will be kept inside during recess and PE today. After school sports will either be held indoors, or cancelled, if air quality conditions do not improve. The District is closely monitoring air quality levels through the Department of Health and Washington's Air Monitoring Network, which is part of the Department of Ecology. Should there be any change in the air quality, we will notify all schools and submit another information release.

I'm just south of the airport and there was ash all night long. Made the mistake of having the fan in the window, as usual, and what ever would fit through the screen did. I set a piece of paper out and the ash had stopped so I got the blower out and did the cars, boat cover, deck, walks, deck chairs and table. Now it's coming down again. So that's just one MORE thing to deal with on top of the piles of food garbage in the grocery store parking lot across the street, the three homeless people's motor homes, with accompanying vehicles, trailers, building materials and assorted trash. Portland has reached a height of ugly that hasn't been seen yet, and Oregon is trying for the same!

I'm pretty POed at that punk juvenile and his parents right now! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ya just never know during times like these with all the forest fires jumping entire rivers and such from miles away... those "zombie caravans & camps" you mentioned COULD catch fire at ANY time... just sayin'.

;)

BLM and USFS both auction off timer, but a lot of variables go into whether they get bids on the parcels and it all boils down to profit. Selective logging has largely been unprofitable so that's why it is not done very often.

I have a fitting punishment for the offending youth, AND his friends.

A ten year sentence should be levied. During summer break the youth will be required to work in the forest with various volunteer groups. Groups that build/maintain trails, or repair storm/flood damage/general maintenance in places such as camp grounds, trail heads, etc. The youth will work AT LEAST 20 hours a week all through the summer school break. After graduation from high school the youth will be required to work 500 hours per year as a volunteer on public lands projects for the remainder of the 10 year sentence.

The volunteer group thing would help to keep the people from claiming they need to pay the idiot. But I figure you'll have people coming out of the woodwork claiming that sort of punishment would be "Cruel".

Sorry but I don't feel sorry for the kid/kids at all after hearing the interview of the lady who saw these kids do it and her saying how the kids were laughing and didn't seem to care what they had done.

@Mikej you are on the right track. I would add in his parents and the friends' parents to the program, add a LONG probationary period afterwards, and a lifetime commitment to be a volunteer fire fighter for forest fires. There are currently about 600 people putting themselves in danger cleaning up after this little azzhole, no reason he and his can't do the same.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top