JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For now, yes, but as time goes on, and the e-file gets back online, the backup will increase and increase until the two are the same. The physics laws of equilibrium will win out. The two streams do not mean a decrease in volume of applications, and there are the same amount of examiners sitting there as before.

My point is that the e-forms will increase, and the paper forms wait will decrease until there is a meeting point. You can already see it happening on the NFA tracker data:

aprilnfawait.jpg
See them converging?

And the reality is, we cannot file a form 4 online right now, anyhow.

Yea, I knew it was a matter of time when I filed mine that it would be just as bad as the paper forms. I just hoped I could beat the curve. I kinda did, but not like the guys that got in early and had 90 day turn arounds.

A case could be made for a high DPI scan of the actual stamped paper form too. Until BATFE changes their rule describing the form as having a stamp affixed, the digital one seems like vaporware.
Hopefully they will clean that detail up soon. Maybe they have already...

my paper stamp stays locked up in my safe.

I have multiple color copies of it though. one shrunk down to wallet size that I keep in my wallet, and two full sized that I keep in both of my trucks. So I always have a copy of it with me.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews