JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so our local paper just had a article about how bad drivers are in Idaho. I guess everyone is losing there crap over it. Lol!!! I laugh! Cause maybe I suck also. But I kinda feel like everyone is way to picky over how bad there driving is where they live. People that always complain about drivers are somewhat angry easily agitated humans. Like most members on this site! Hahahaha!

But let's be honest. Has anyone ever said, man I just think the drivers in my state are stellar...? Nope...

But let's be honest. Has anyone ever said, man I just think the drivers in my state are stellar...? Nope...

I think this driver is stellar.

P1000605.jpg

And for those that have missed my attempt at humor, let me share my thoughts about vehicle operators.

Yes, I think Portland-metro drivers are among the worst in the nation.

All I ask, is let me get where I'm going, without making it your personal mission to slow the highway down just because rush hour has more traffic than midnight traffic. If you don't have the confidence to drive during rush hour, take a bus. And while you're at it, hitting your brakes every 3 seconds does nothing to enhance traffic flow. And, do these folks have any idea what the on ramp is used for? It's not a taxiway to get to your holding position at the end of the ramp until everybody stops on the freeway to let you in.

We've talked here about Florida and other drivers. Folks here are critical of them because they are actually capable of going the speed limit during rush hour. Instead of criticizing them, we should learn from them.

On cellphone use? Used to be it was okay to talk on a cell phone while driving. Then they improved things by outlawing talking on a cell phone. Then, folks started texting while driving so the po-po didn't see them talking on the phone. Talking was a whole lot safer than texting. It's okay to use a radio while flying an airplane, and it's okay for the po-po to talk on the radio while driving, but talking on a phone, somehow is taboo.

Speaking of distractions...All this hands free stuff on newer vehicles? My new Dodge pickup requires more hand movement and eye contact than the far less technical vehicles of the past. In the past, I could actually adjust my radio by braille, without now having to scroll thru multi-function buttons on the dash or steering wheel. Even to look at my temperature gauge, I have to push multiple buttons and scroll thru different displays to finally find my radiator temperature.

Last Edited:
I had my first road rage incident last week.

Jack wagon cuts me off at 50 MPH, almost hitting me in the process.
I honk......he locks up the brakes. Five efing times! My wife was with me and we both agree he was the aggressor. I told her he got out and tried to enter our car, it wouldn't end well.

Yes people are $hitty drivers.

I think the caviot is are the drivers crappy compared to X, and X can be where you've lived before to where you have traveled to and spent time.

I stopped counting after my conservative estimate was 1.5 million miles driven. Probably not as much as a lot of long haul truckers but I've burnt thru a dozen company trucks in and around the PDX area as well as spent time in California, Texas and traveled thru almost every state except Alaska and the NE US. Not to mention travel to NZ, Australia and a dozen countries in SE Asia.

People in the Portland Metro are IMO some of if not the worst drivers for the following:

Not confident enough to drive in rain or snow (the rain really boggles me since it rains here so much).

Arrogant and self entitled with little empathy or awareness of other drivers.

Longest on ramps to freeways I can remember seeing - your POS Prius will indeed get to freeway speeds in half the time if you apply pressure to the gas pedal, yet a good chunk of the time I find myself behind someone hitting the freeway 5 miles under the speed limit.

No regard or awareness for motorcycles. (And bikes I guess but my opinion on cyclists isn't great anyway:rolleyes:).

The horn is a tool and not an insult but you sure wouldn't know that up here.

I have another dozen things but they are probably universal now like texting on your phone etc.

I have zero wrecks that were caused by me, few speeding tickets (none recent) and have driven everything from a motorcycle to large Uhaul type truck thru traffic at all times of the day and night.

The only place that I have been that is probably worse would be Florida and that place is flat out nuts.

People simply do not take the act of driving seriously any more! Most are too busy in their own little world to even notice what is going on in front of them, then add in a 3000 pound weapon of mass distraction and it spells disaster! I have noticed a direct correlation with the amount of High Tech in our cars is directly proportionate to the amount of distraction one can expect! I remember when the most complex tech in my cars was the radio knobs on the tape deck! Now we have blu tooth every thing, hands free phone calling and texting, and countless other things to distract us from the act of driving!
Add in more cars and trucks all around and it's a wonder we don't see worse then we do!

People simply do not take the act of driving seriously any more! Most are too busy in their own little world to even notice what is going on in front of them, then add in a 3000 pound weapon of mass distraction and it spells disaster! I have noticed a direct correlation with the amount of High Tech in our cars is directly proportionate to the amount of distraction one can expect! I remember when the most complex tech in my cars was the radio knobs on the tape deck! Now we have blu tooth every thing, hands free phone calling and texting, and countless other things to distract us from the act of driving!
Add in more cars and trucks all around and it's a wonder we don't see worse then we do!
Careful! Those youngsters will try and push the idea that cars are more safe then ever with all that tech! Little do they care realize that there comparing today's cars against cars from 1995!! Lol!!
Yea my 1980 Toyota 4x4 In 1989 was safer than cars today. Tech wise. Airbags? Forget it! Today's cars are awesome!
But!! You think like me. The intentional car as a weapon will be more prevalent than we think soon!

I've noticed hardly anyone stops at a stop sign anymore. I'd come to a complete stop at a 3 way all stop intersection. I started to turn right as a woman pulled up on my left, she slowed, and continued thru the intersection glaring at me like I was doing something wrong. o_O

The drivers in San Diego are "meh" for most of the year...and then summer comes. And then the Zonies swarm west. Dear god in heaven...what do they put in the water in Arizona? It's not like a few of them are bad...IT'S EVERY DAMN ONE OF THEM! It's impressive that an entire state so consistently and collectively SUCKS at driving! :rolleyes:

Washington drivers on the other hand...are mostly ok. They just need to learn to move the EFF over, because the left lane is for passing! :s0043:

Try driving a semi through this area and tell me how bad people suck at driving.....I almost smoked 2 people today AND got the finger by the one that pulled out in front of me cause I laid on my air horn....F-ing idiots

The drivers in San Diego are "meh" for most of the year...and then summer comes. And then the Zonies swarm west. Dear god in heaven...what do they put in the water in Arizona? It's not like a few of them are bad...IT'S EVERY DAMN ONE OF THEM! It's impressive that an entire state so consistently and collectively SUCKS at driving! :rolleyes:

Washington drivers on the other hand...are mostly ok. They just need to learn to move the EFF over, because the left lane is for passing! :s0043:
Are you a rich man? How does one live in Diego without making at least 750,000. Year? Lol!

We get a lot of Canadian drivers in this area. They will plug up the left lane of I-5, making no effort to pass, sometimes going slower than the right lane ... despite all kinds of signage ... road signs and otherwise.

so our local paper just had a article about how bad drivers are in Idaho. I guess everyone is losing there crap over it. Lol!!! I laugh! Cause maybe I suck also. But I kinda feel like everyone is way to picky over how bad there driving is where they live. People that always complain about drivers are somewhat angry easily agitated humans. Like most members on this site! Hahahaha!

Depends on what the people doing the survey consider bad driving? Is wanting/driving to get where you're going, at the speed limit, and driving to achieve that, bad driving? Or is making every trip to where ever like a Sunday drive on a little traveled road, even though it's a major thoroughfare, bad driving? From experience, on Ideeho open highways and freeways I have to step up my game! I'm not used to going 80+ on the interstate, but you got to do it so you're not holding up traffic. Considering the experiences I've had in Ideeho, I have to figure the potland big city slug driver is infesting your highways.

After driving in PDX all those years? Idaho is a breeze.

I haven't been back to my home state, Utah, in a few years, but it was a real treat driving there! In SLC people seem to GO, when the light changes. 4-5 lanes, each direction, on the 15 going through downtown SLC, at 65mph! that's not at midnight either. Just middle of the day moves like that.

Just go when the damned light changes, go the speed limit if there's cars/traffic behind you, and use the GD turn signals, ahead of time!

Try driving a semi through this area and tell me how bad people suck at driving.....I almost smoked 2 people today AND got the finger by the one that pulled out in front of me cause I laid on my air horn....F-ing idiots

My sincerest sympathy's to you friend. But you'd have to admit the long haul/semi drivers are NOT what they used to be? Wouldn't you? I've seen some real dickwad big-rig drivers these days compared to when I used to drive, for pleasure, all over the west back in the 70s-80s early 90s.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top