JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Talk about hemorrhaging responsibility.

I swear, I'm really really confused these days as to how folks perceive the world and how it interacts with their political views and perceptions.
If you mean that it twists your brain that those that elected these leaders just sit there believing they get their moneys worth from their representative, public officials?

It sure twists my brain.

If you mean that it twists your brain that those that elected these leaders just sit there believing they get their moneys worth from their representative, public officials?

It sure twists my brain.
Not just that they believe the politicians, they believe the news. They then get angry whenever anyone try's to get them to think for themselves. Even if just for a minute.

This is the one that really stumps me!🙄
I asked my SIL the other day if she knew the difference between an AR15 and a 10-22. Answering no, I asked why she didn't know what other guns exist if she wants to ban just that one. Her replies were nothing but anger and stupidity. She knows I know more, way more, of both sides of the argument and yet still doesn't even try to hold a two sided conversation. At one point she just started insinuating I think children should die and be shot.

They are so unbelievably lost. Or brainwashed, it's hard to say.

I asked my SIL the other day if she knew the difference between an AR15 and a 10-22. Answering no, I asked why she didn't know what other guns exist if she wants to ban just that one. Her replies were nothing but anger and stupidity. She knows I know more, way more, of both sides of the argument and yet still doesn't even try to hold a two sided conversation. At one point she just started insinuating I think children should die and be shot.

That's terribly sad. I don't have a lot going for me in the brains department, but man, when something sounds crazy, I just can't take it at face value. I am forced to give that kind of stuff the hairy eyeball. It's part of my "Powers of Negative thinking" process I've come to rely on.

I live in a college town (OSU) and you'd be amazed at some of the most ridiculous conversations I've encountered while out and about! The piece of trash liberal teachers/professors have helped brainwash a vast majority of our society! Couple that with social media's agenda and it's terrifying to see where this is all headed!

That's terribly sad. I don't have a lot going for me in the brains department, but man, when something sounds crazy, I just can't take it at face value. I am forced to give that kind of stuff the hairy eyeball. It's part of my "Powers of Negative thinking" process I've come to rely on.
The wife and I were talking about a few things after talking with the SIL the other day and age got brought up. My sister in law is 27, it sort of slapped me in the face to realize it. She has lived off the system her whole life. No job, no car, no personal responsibilities. She lives with my extremely handicapped MIL. My MIL has MS and is wheel chair bound. Supposedly my SIL is the appointed (by the state) caregiver. They don't leave their apartment, get food delivered, social security disability and Medicare pay for everything of theirs. They watch CNN religiously and are EXTREMELY opinionated on all things politics, yet are not even acting citizens of even their apartment building much less their city or state. It amazes how my SIL feels like she is in fact a part of her community though she is not.

they watch CNN religiously and are EXTREMELY opinionated on all things politics, yet are not even acting citizens of even their apartment building much less their city or state.
Honestly, I believe there are so many out there just like this and when voting time comes, they vote the way their brains were washed!

RE : Post #5

Can you please show me at least one example of that? Not some opinion piece, but where .gov made that clear.
Are_you_serious.jpg

Hummmm.......wasn't it just recently. When in the streets of major cities (well, mostly those controlled by Ds).......THIS behavior was tolerated (if not encouraged by the lack of leadership by city leaders).

Peaceful-protest.jpg
In Seattle
1654531719321.png
1654534379558.png
1654531537070.png
In Portland.
Equal_op_Looting.png
1654534470903.png

In Chicago
1654532435001.png
1654532514996.png

So, what was the message being sent by the Govt?

Rrrrrright.......
And, in some/most instances........there were no consequences for such behaviors.

Yeah.......millions spent on Jan 6th investigations. How about, what happened in our cities?

Peaceful_Protest_vs_Insurrection.jpg

Awwwww.......

Forgetaboutit.

Some people may/will NEVER be convinced.

Aloha, Mark

PS........
Then, IMHO......
Govt Policy has a lot to do with the rapid inflation that we are also seeing. Except by/if you're some Brandon Voter, who probably thinks that we need the PAIN (for change to occur).

BTW.....just today, it was reported on the news that average gasoline prices have doubled since Brandon took office. Yeah......I'd say Govt Policy.......not so much the Ukraine war (as some, want to believe).

Last Edited:
That's a big brush to say "government has made it clear, the police don't matter".

Sounds to me more an impression than an established fact. I'd rather have the latter, thus why I inquired. Nevermind if it's too much work.
Lol,@Frank RW where have you been the last 2 years? Remember Ted Wheeler basically neutering the police department with staffing cuts? Oh…remember when he stood with the protesters? How much bigger of a middle finger from the local state government and leaders do you need man? If you can't see that, you are blind. …and send you links…Does your mommy still cut the crust off your toast and pack your lunch too?? There is a revolutionary tool called google search you used to probably find this website, maybe do some research yourself…just an idea 👍

Last Edited:
it's just so hard to get a good interesting conversation without someone dropping to insults. :(

you want to discuss or just stew in your own beliefs? (rhetorical question, i'm outta this thread)

The wife and I were talking about a few things after talking with the SIL the other day and age got brought up. My sister in law is 27, it sort of slapped me in the face to realize it. She has lived off the system her whole life. No job, no car, no personal responsibilities. She lives with my extremely handicapped MIL. My MIL has MS and is wheel chair bound. Supposedly my SIL is the appointed (by the state) caregiver. They don't leave their apartment, get food delivered, social security disability and Medicare pay for everything of theirs. They watch CNN religiously and are EXTREMELY opinionated on all things politics, yet are not even acting citizens of even their apartment building much less their city or state. It amazes how my SIL feels like she is in fact a part of her community though she is not.
This is the allure of the social justice movement. You get to feel superior just by repeating certain phrases. The feeling of virtue without the cost of the effort of true virtue. The old tried and true something for nothing. As an added bonus, you can hate on people without guilt or repercussions.

it's just so hard to get a good interesting conversation without someone dropping to insults. :(

you want to discuss or just stew in your own beliefs? (rhetorical question, i'm outta this thread)
I didn't drop any insults, just being real with you man. If the cutting the crust comment was viewed as an insult I apologize but you need to toughen up a bit.
Seriously bro, people are off the chain these days. Ignorance is bliss I guess, it's astounding that people can act like they have no idea what's happening. It's maddening and stupid really. No amount of links will help that guy because he already is a big government follower

Ignorance is bliss I guess, it's astounding that people can act like they have no idea what's happening. It's maddening and stupid really.
The worst thing is, if you try and say anything or educate them even just a little, you are labeled an extremist! Yet they can't even see their own extremes!:mad:

I didn't drop any insults, just being real with you man. If the cutting the crust comment was viewed as an insult I apologize but you need to toughen up a bit.

Your exact statement was "Does your mommy still cut the crust off your toast and pack your lunch too??"

I don't always see eye to eye with Frank, but tell me, in what world is that not an insult?

She is a part of her community. A "Community" that believes the public owes them everything. A community that believe a jobs weekly written schedule is just a suggestion for them. It goes on and on and on the things they don't/won't take any responsibility for. that community is also getting larger all the time with those in that community breeding more of the same attitude.

She is a part of her community. A "Community" that believes the public owes them everything. A community that believe a jobs weekly written schedule is just a suggestion for them. It goes on and on and on the things they don't/won't take any responsibility for. that community is also getting larger all the time with those in that community breeding more of the same attitude.
So much truth in that!

Your exact statement was "Does your mommy still cut the crust off your toast and pack your lunch too??"

I don't always see eye to eye with Frank, but tell me, in what world is that not an insult?
Wow are people really that soft?? That's a grade school level "insult." Geez. Man people are such babies these days. It was a reference to people sending him links. Why doesn't he look for his own? Why does everyone need spoon feeding? The information is out there and people are just too lazy to look or completely ignorant to local events.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads