JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Most Tisas 1911s have a series 70 free floating firing pin and a lighter than average trigger. Not a great combination for carry. Just racking the slide to chamber a round can put a hole in something you didn't want ventilated.

For carry, a series 80 firing pin safety. The triggers are so light it's too easy to fire unintentionally. For competition, the series 70. I don't like the Swartz safety.

Last Edited:
Most Tisas 1911s have a series 70 free floating firing pin and a lighter than average trigger. Not a great combination for carry. Just racking the slide to chamber a round can put a hole in something you didn't want ventilated.

For carry, a series 80 firing pin safety. The triggers are so light it's too easy to fire unintentionally. For competition, the series 70. I don't like the Swartz safety.
After having the Series 80 style firing pin safety cause a gun to not fire, I'll never carry a Series 80 style gun again, EVER!
Most 1911 style guns don't use the FPS and for a darn good reason.
If racking the slide causes the hammer to drop, the sear engagement isn't good and the gun needs to be repaired.

It's not the hammer drop I'd be worried about it's the firing pin igniting the primer. You need a titanium (light wt) firing pin for the series 70 to prevent the inertia from firing it. Tisas have steel firing pins. If you're gonna carry a Tisas I would change out the firing pin.

*Edit: Meant to say series 70, not 80..

Last Edited:
It's not the hammer drop I'd be worried about it's the firing pin igniting the primer. You need a titanium firing pin for the series 80 to prevent the inertia from firing it. Tisas have steel firing pins. If you're gonna carry a Tisas I would change out the firing pin.
Are you implying they don't have a firing pin spring? I think a titanium pin is always a good thing.

I think the original poster is frustrated by the lack of customer service from the manufacture and it's representative.

I'd be pissed as well.

Dang that sucks. Sorry to hear it. THx for letting us know. I was studying the EAA 10mm hunter but this has me nervous about turkish 10mm.
1704987114335.png
My dream gun right there!:s0116:

Out of stock there, but I don't think that price is correct. That's a few dollars less than I paid for my Tanfo Elite Limited 6-7 years ago. That has been a FINE Turkish gun.

This is more like it, actually.

@terdog , Have you even shot it?
My old Colt rattled when shook, but was one of the most accurate 1911s I've owned.
from the post it sounds like that may be the case. his lack of response on his own post. I could understand if it had issues running but if you havent fired it and dont like becasue the "rattling" send it back immediately dont leave the FFL with it, unbox oh it rattles, I dont like the look of the fit or finish send it back, enough said.

I have seriously been contemplating their .380. Double stack, nearly full-sized. Yes it's blow-back but I can live with that.

Bad customer service is one of my favorite things to hate! I feel your pain.
Last year I bought a Tisas 1911 Tank Commander, no issues. My only gripe is the recoil spring is somewhat "heavy". Functions reliably and I would not hesitate to carry concealed.
I bought mine from Family Firearms in Alabama and their return policy seems to be standard for the industry.

For my Christmas present I bought myself a tisas Yukon 10 mm. After getting the gun from Battle Hawk Armory I started noticing that the slide to frame fit was lacking. This gun is a real rattle can. After 3 attempts with tisas they finally got back to me. They asked me to send them a video showing them the problem. I complied and they said that the slide to frame slop was within tolerance. Don't know how you can say that without measuring it and having the specifications for the tolerance. They say I can send it in but if they find nothing wrong they're going to charge me $60 to send it back.
Contacting the mothership in Turkey yielded no results. The rep from tisas in turkey said that it was impossible that the gun was out of spec because it was checked at the factory. That's pretty ballsy.
Battle Hawk Armory who I bought it from in the Midwest is also of no help. They refuse to get involved in any way instead directing me to SDS. Despite my requesting the tolerances and the specifications for the slide to frame fit SDS USA has gone silent. I feel like I'm just screwed. I recommend that you stay away from companies that will not support you. While TISAS may be tempting, based on my experience, you would be throwing your money away if anything goes south on the gun. They claim to have a lifetime warranty but that doesn't mean jack.
Service grade 1911's rattle like crazy. 😆
Again, have you even shot it?

View attachment 1799795
My dream gun right there!:s0116:

Out of stock there, but I don't think that price is correct. That's a few dollars less than I paid for my Tanfo Elite Limited 6-7 years ago. That has been a FINE Turkish gun.

This is more like it, actually.
Girsan is releasing soon if not already their 2311 which is a double stack 1911 in 10mm, 45, and 9mm in multiple slide lengths with 6" having adjustable rear sight but the shorter options being optics ready. I'm looking forward to their 5" optics ready 10mm which is to be a hybrid metal upper and lower except polymer grip and trigger guard.

Girsan is releasing soon if not already their 2311 which is a double stack 1911 in 10mm, 45, and 9mm in multiple slide lengths with 6" having adjustable rear sight but the shorter options being optics ready. I'm looking forward to their 5" optics ready 10mm which is to be a hybrid metal upper and lower except polymer grip and trigger guard.
Good info. Thx! I saw the EAA hunter 10mm 6" but it's single stack. Also the EAA discontinued witness double stack That Mikej mentioned.

95ABF8D5-898B-4212-A1F7-410984174121.png
It's hard to bump the Glock 40 + USW off the top of my list right now. Softball size groups at 80 yards rapid fire. Sheesh that's a lot of firepower (and acuracy) in a tiny package. Except for an mp5 10mm in select fire, I don't know how one could do any better.

Last Edited:
Good info. Thx! I saw the EAA hunter 10mm 6" but it's single stack. Also the EAA discontinued witness double stack That Mikej mentioned.

View attachment 1799962
It's hard to bump the Glock 40 + USW off the top of my list right now. Softball size groups at 80 yards rapid fire. Sheesh that's a lot of firepower (and acuracy) in a tiny package. Except for an mp5 10mm in select fire, I don't know how one could do any better.

I have the Girsan 1911 10mm Hunter, love it, its my favorite concealed carry gun...

Are you implying they don't have a firing pin spring? I think a titanium pin is always a good thing.
No. If you rack the slide on a Tisas with the muzzle pointed low the firing pin can hit the primer. The inertia of the heavier firing pin and if you have a slightly out of spec firing pin or weak spring.. that can ignite the primer. I'm not a fan of Turkish firearms.

For my Christmas present I bought myself a tisas Yukon 10 mm. After getting the gun from Battle Hawk Armory I started noticing that the slide to frame fit was lacking. This gun is a real rattle can. After 3 attempts with tisas they finally got back to me. They asked me to send them a video showing them the problem. I complied and they said that the slide to frame slop was within tolerance. Don't know how you can say that without measuring it and having the specifications for the tolerance. They say I can send it in but if they find nothing wrong they're going to charge me $60 to send it back.
Contacting the mothership in Turkey yielded no results. The rep from tisas in turkey said that it was impossible that the gun was out of spec because it was checked at the factory. That's pretty ballsy.
Battle Hawk Armory who I bought it from in the Midwest is also of no help. They refuse to get involved in any way instead directing me to SDS. Despite my requesting the tolerances and the specifications for the slide to frame fit SDS USA has gone silent. I feel like I'm just screwed. I recommend that you stay away from companies that will not support you. While TISAS may be tempting, based on my experience, you would be throwing your money away if anything goes south on the gun. They claim to have a lifetime warranty but that doesn't mean jack.
Thanks for the heads-up! I was considering the Tisas bob-tail Commander .45... as an EDC. That project is now shelved!

The alternate is Springer style, with light pin and heavy spring. It's what I spec for all of mine.

No. If you rack the slide on a Tisas with the muzzle pointed low the firing pin can hit the primer. The inertia of the heavier firing pin and if you have a slightly out of spec firing pin or weak spring.. that can ignite the primer. I'm not a fan of Turkish firearms.
I'm not saying that the above couldn't happen only in my almost 50 years of 1911 use including 2 years as a small arms repairman at Camp Withicome this is the first time I've ever heard such a thing.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top