JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Truth be known, I actually quit booze just after Tanksgiving. Gained too much weight over the last ten years.

I pretty much did that 40 yrs ago, but not totally. I am retired, but still work 3 days a week. On those days I come home and have a shot and relax for about an hr. Then get to my personal activities. It keeps the body and mind tuned without letting the days interactions disrupt positive thinking.
We drink a lot of coffee and water and juices. I think the health benefits of a very small amount of alcohol outweigh any negatives.
Thats my excuse. :D

I pretty much did that 40 yrs ago, but not totally. I am retired, but still work 3 days a week. On those days I come home and have a shot and relax for about an hr. Then get to my personal activities. It keeps the body and mind tuned without letting the days interactions disrupt positive thinking.
We drink a lot of coffee and water and juices. I think the health benefits of a very small amount of alcohol outweigh any negatives.

I keep telling myself it's a real good blood-thinner.

.... We drink a lot of coffee and water and juices. I think the health benefits of a very small amount of alcohol outweigh any negatives.

Taku, I have a source for Elderberry Tonic... I got the first 2 ounce bottle as a "Christmas Gift" ... With the NOTICE: "Dad, understand this has a ~Little Bit~ Of Alcohol in it... With 22+ years of Sobriety, the First Sixteen + years included Multiple AA Meetings a week, often Multiple in a Day...

Point is.... I could taste the alcohol in the Elderberry Tonic, but knew the 1/2 teaspoon four times daily was needed, for Health I asked the herbalist for a 16 ounce bottle, cost savings, right????

The new batch Was Not manufactured to the same recipe, and In That 1/2 Teaspoon, I had an Alcohol Rush.

I did not use it again, until I had double boiler'ed it, and cooked out that Excessive Alcohol!!!

I hear Doctors and Radio Announcements about a little for the Heart.... For me, I'll take an Aspirin a Day... For my Blood Beater... But I have a very Healthy respect, for Alcohol, in any ingested manner....

Yours,

philip

Taku, I have a source for Elderberry Tonic... I got the first 2 ounce bottle as a "Christmas Gift" ... With the NOTICE: "Dad, understand this has a ~Little Bit~ Of Alcohol in it... With 22+ years of Sobriety, the First Sixteen + years included Multiple AA Meetings a week, often Multiple in a Day...

Point is.... I could taste the alcohol in the Elderberry Tonic, but knew the 1/2 teaspoon four times daily was needed, for Health I asked the herbalist for a 16 ounce bottle, cost savings, right????

The new batch Was Not manufactured to the same recipe, and In That 1/2 Teaspoon, I had an Alcohol Rush.

I did not use it again, until I had double boiler'ed it, and cooked out that Excessive Alcohol!!!

I hear Doctors and Radio Announcements about a little for the Heart.... For me, I'll take an Aspirin a Day... For my Blood Beater... But I have a very Healthy respect, for Alcohol, in any ingested manner....

Yours,

philip

Understood. Some should never drink. People metabolize things differently. It can be easy for many to become dependant on it for that reason. I never liked the feeling derived from it when younger, so it was always easy for me to steer clear of it. Now, I look at it as a slight relaxing agent that helps once in a while.
I stave off things like arthritis with the last 25 yrs of 4 ibuprofen morning and evening. And many vitamins twice a day.
I average about 3 shots of booze a week and always corn liquor.
Maybe 2 or 3 beers a week in the summer. I prefer my strong black coffee. That is my drink of choice.
We go through about 3# of beans a week.

Truth be known, I actually quit booze just after Tanksgiving. Gained too much weight over the last ten years.

I've been mostly alcohol free for the last 6 or 7 years, with occasional "functional binges" where I get a taste for something and then drink it until I get tired of it and go back to sober. Unfortunately, my last "binge" happened to be on micro IPAs and during a pause in my training regimen. I CANT BELIEVE HOW FAT I GOT SO FAST!

I guess I'm not a kid anymore... sheesh. I gained like 12 lbs in two months, and didn't even really realize it was happening till my pants button started popping open on me all the time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top