JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How does that compare to the other way around. Whats the number of people killed by cops now compared to 1887 look like?

You are statistically 3 times as likely to be shot and killed by a police officer then a person with a CHL in the USA.

I think public perception of firearm ownership plays an even bigger part than actual ownership. There's been LOTS of media attention about everyone buying firearms. It's in people's thoughts more than it otherwise would be. If the media ignored the gun sales, I think we'd still see crime drop, but not nearly as much.

Sadly the numbers presented in the article don't really give a basis for arguing any which way. How many officers were saved due to better vests and faster response times for help? How many were shot compared to previous years?

Not saying the conclusion is wrong, just saying this particular article doesn't support it properly. I'm sure as the national stats become available in the following months that it'll prove to be true though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top