JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He was just shooting his tias high power. Did you not see the camera man options he has, or his ability to trip over his own foot with little effort. Love all his vids and he does a lot for the firearms community

So Hickok45 only does videos when he's paid to promote a gun?
Basically yes they pay him to demo the gun shoot the gong and all that! How many times have you herd Hickok say this gun sucks never! He even said hi point is a quality weapon just not for him but we all know the truth:)

Basically yes they pay him to demo the gun shoot the gong and all that! How many times have you herd Hickok say this gun sucks never! He even said hi point is a quality weapon just not for him but we all know the truth:)

Good point, man.

Total thread resurrection lol!

At least the man himself came on here to voice some replies. Be it a few months have passed.

I like Military Arms channel and a few others that don't try too hard to go out of their way to bend over backwards to be a puppet for whichever company sends ammo and or guns for T&E.

I do like that at least Hickock gets his guns from Buds Guns and not always straight from the manufacturer. Though his reviews can feel forced at times.

I've chalked it up from the last string of CMMG 5.7 videos, who is a whore to the manufacturers. I was excited about that gun, but if I have to watch one more guntuber review it, I'll go nuts.

I was kinda on the fence with yankee. I just stumbled on him a month ago. After seeing his Idiot video describing those that shoot cast bullets as well as casters, Morons.
He definitely went into the trash bin.
Hickcock and Demolition ranch have always been my favorites. Some of uncle Rob too.
The later one does use some profanity. It is not shooting related.

LOL yeah that CMMG 5.7 seems to be everywhere lately.

We get it, CMMG. It's a 5.7. And not too many are going to buy it. :rolleyes:

I was kinda on the fence with yankee. I just stumbled on him a month ago. After seeing his Idiot video describing those that shoot cast bullets as well as casters, Morons.
He definitely went into the trash bin.
Hickcock and Demolition ranch have always been my favorites. Some of uncle Rob too.
The later one does use some profanity. It is not shooting related.

I'm a huge Demolition Ranch fanboy. I sport his merch from time to time.

Sootch and Hickok do state facts... features, functions, how to take it down and put it back together... some folks are looking for that.
I envy them for making a living in their toy boxes...
Nutnfancy is long winded and has hubris issues, but no denying his experience and in field testing. He doesn't stage anything or play favorites... just ask him. Beyond his reviews I agree with a lot of his political and life philosophy... family, community, preparedness etc..
Paul Harrel is probably the one I respect the most, and I'm sure nobody will argue his integrity.
My favorite is definitely Demo ranch... he doesn't pretend to be an expert.. he just shoots, has fun doing it, and always tells me he loves me...

IMO it's not good for 2A cause when the folks that choose to represent and put their faces on the net for all to see are abrasive and overly opinionated. I get it... you like Sigs, cool.. no reason to bash the next guy for liking Glock. You don't have to endorse something to accept its place in the world. How often do you hear somebody call out fanboys in one breath and then preach the superiority of their fav in the next... to each their own.
You like hi-points or whatever..it's been reliable, and it makes you happy.... that's awsome. Rock that shi# and eff anybody that tells you their shiny thing is shinier than yours.
Just cuz somebody adimitly believes their opinion to be gospel doesn't make it a fact...
I hear enough bichin from my wife and kids.. don't need it when I'm shopping for the stuff I use to relax and get away from all that.
Show me the features, what it's pros and cons are, some alternate options.. then stfu and let me enjoy my toys without pushing unnecessarily buyers remorse onto me.
I guess there is a need though... some guys have to be haters to balance the "sell outs."

I feel like this was a reference somehow.
It just came to me actually.
A61A1D5A-1513-4142-99B5-E0C6C817CC77.jpeg

Sootch and Hickok do state facts... features, functions, how to take it down and put it back together... some folks are looking for that.
Nutnfancy is long winded and has hubris issues, but no denying his experience and in field testing. He doesn't stage anything or play favorites... just ask him. Beyond his reviews I agree with a lot of his political and life philosophy... family, community, preparedness etc..
Paul Harrel is probably the one I respect the most, and I'm sure nobody will argue his integrity.
My favorite is definitely Demo ranch... he doesn't pretend to be an expert.. he just shoots, has fun doing it, and always tells me he loves me...

IMO it's not good for 2A cause when the folks that choose to represent and put their faces on the net for all to see are abrasive and overly opinionated. I get it... you like Sigs, cool.. no reason to bash the next guy for liking Glock. You don't have to endorse something to accept its place in the world. How often do you hear somebody call out fanboys in one breath and then preach the superiority of their fav in the next... to each their own.
You like hi-points or whatever..it's been reliable, and it makes you happy.... that's awsome. Rock that shi# and eff anybody that tells you their shiny thing is shinier than yours.
Just cuz somebody adimitly believes their opinion to be gospel doesn't make it a fact...
I hear enough bichin from my wife and kids.. don't need it when I'm shopping for the stuff I use to relax and get away from all that.
Show me the features, what it's pros and cons are, some alternate options.. then stfu and let me enjoy my toys without pushing unnecessarily buyers remorse onto me.
I guess there is a need though... some guys have to be haters to balance the "sell outs."
:s0101::s0101::s0101:

YES!!
I tend to treat stuff like Hickock like the old gun rags. Entertainment but I figured the guy had to be getting paid. He like all of us is trying to make a living. I find him entertaining so why not. A GREAT example of him bending over backward to not bad mouth a problem was my current, hands down favorite, PCC. The Ruger PC 9mm Carbine he got had a problem and he never could get it to work. He did try. He did dance all around not wanting to say it was bad. Now in cases like this what I would like to see is a follow up. As in we sent this back to the company who made it and here is what came back. Now the PC9 was new when he did so maybe he has done this to be fair. In either case by the time I saw his I was already going to buy one but it did make me leery. I have long said no one makes 100% good guns. There is no such thing if it's mass produced. So I like to hear how a company treats the unlucky buyer who gets the lemon.

Forgotten Weapns, C&Rsenal, and occasionally InRange (especially for the vintage two gun matches). The Great War is also good. But I'm a knowledge geek. If I want to know about a modern gun, I check with any of a dozen friends who have one and go shoot it.

I stay away from the other video guys unless a subject line interests me. But that is rare.

The Yankee Marshal is my favorite gun channel. (He's here as @PlayboyPenguin.) Yes he occasionally shoots his guns on videos. Not all that often. For the sort of thing he does, shooting videos aren't particularly useful. His channel is heavily about 2A, politics, entertainment and humor. YM has a degree in psychology, military experience, LE experience, experience as a social worker, a total commitment to 2A, an emphasis on handguns, great appreciation for and knowledge about revolvers as well as semiautos, and a huge attitude of irreverence toward all, himself at the top of the list. It's a combination that is unique and suits me. His humor videos are superb. Even his ordinary videos are parodies of those where the expert projects being as bad-azz, hypermasculine, and non-gay as possible. He makes fun of everyone, himself at the top of the list. So if that's gonna get your panties in a twist, go someplace else. No snowflakes need apply.

When I became one of TYM's patreon supporters, I wrote a few lines introducing myself. His response? "Good to have a representative of the old broad contingent." I decided it fit. That's how I became OldBroad44.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top