JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sootch and Hickok do state facts... features, functions, how to take it down and put it back together... some folks are looking for that.
I envy them for making a living in their toy boxes...
Nutnfancy is long winded and has hubris issues, but no denying his experience and in field testing. He doesn't stage anything or play favorites... just ask him. Beyond his reviews I agree with a lot of his political and life philosophy... family, community, preparedness etc..
Paul Harrel is probably the one I respect the most, and I'm sure nobody will argue his integrity.
My favorite is definitely Demo ranch... he doesn't pretend to be an expert.. he just shoots, has fun doing it, and always tells me he loves me...

IMO it's not good for 2A cause when the folks that choose to represent and put their faces on the net for all to see are abrasive and overly opinionated. I get it... you like Sigs, cool.. no reason to bash the next guy for liking Glock. You don't have to endorse something to accept its place in the world. How often do you hear somebody call out fanboys in one breath and then preach the superiority of their fav in the next... to each their own.
You like hi-points or whatever..it's been reliable, and it makes you happy.... that's awsome. Rock that shi# and eff anybody that tells you their shiny thing is shinier than yours.
Just cuz somebody adimitly believes their opinion to be gospel doesn't make it a fact...
I hear enough bichin from my wife and kids.. don't need it when I'm shopping for the stuff I use to relax and get away from all that.
Show me the features, what it's pros and cons are, some alternate options.. then stfu and let me enjoy my toys without pushing unnecessarily buyers remorse onto me.
I guess there is a need though... some guys have to be haters to balance the "sell outs."

I think almost all channels have no issue with what gun someone else chooses. They just promote their favorites in a friendly game of one-ups-manship.

The issue with some channels that people seem to miss is that when they are willing to sell you junk for cash they are also very likely to sell YOU out for cash. Such is the case with many of the gun guys on the NRA payroll. They do not have the interests of the common man at heart.

The Yankee Marshal is my favorite gun channel. (He's here as @PlayboyPenguin.) Yes he occasionally shoots his guns on videos. Not all that often. For the sort of thing he does, shooting videos aren't particularly useful. His channel is heavily about 2A, politics, entertainment and humor. YM has a degree in psychology, military experience, LE experience, experience as a social worker, a total commitment to 2A, an emphasis on handguns, great appreciation for and knowledge about revolvers as well as semiautos, and a huge attitude of irreverence toward all, himself at the top of the list. It's a combination that is unique and suits me. His humor videos are superb. Even his ordinary videos are parodies of those where the expert projects being as bad-azz, hypermasculine, and non-gay as possible. He makes fun of everyone, himself at the top of the list. So if that's gonna get your panties in a twist, go someplace else. No snowflakes need apply.

When I became one of TYM's patreon supporters, I wrote a few lines introducing myself. His response? "Good to have a representative of the old broad contingent." I decided it fit. That's how I became OldBroad44.

Suck up much? :p :D I like his stuff too though. Met the Penguin in person at one particular rainy, cold clean up. Thought he was a heck of a nice guy. I miss his regular posts around here, but understand why he doesn't post much.

Hickok45 is on the payroll of Buds Gun Shop (the worst gunshop in existence...read their reviews) and the NRA. He sells what they tell him to sell and says what they tell him to say. When he lost his YouTube ad money he sold his soul to replace it.

Well....that sucks. I always liked his videos. But it seems like as soon as a channel gets big enough they start to seem kinda "sellout-ish". Even Matt from Demo Ranch. I love his channels and watch all of his videos. But he keeps buying and showcasing bigger and more expensive toys. Kinda detracts from his "just a normal guy" approach.

Well....that sucks. I always liked his videos. But it seems like as soon as a channel gets big enough they start to seem kinda "sellout-ish". Even Matt from Demo Ranch. I love his channels and watch all of his videos. But he keeps buying and showcasing bigger and more expensive toys. Kinda detracts from his "just a normal guy" approach.
Yo, a normal guy can't get a .50 BMG? o_O

Tbh I've been watching more of his videos on the vet ranch channel.

I'm pretty sure that Matt from DemoRanch was born and raised rich, or at least married in to it. There's no way someone could afford veterinary school, that beautiful property, all those nice cars/trucks, and what has to be hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of guns on the salary of a veterinarian who does such a large amount of nonprofit work. Even with the extra YouTube money.

I don't mean this in a derogatory way, I love the guy. But he's clearly independently wealthy.

I'm pretty sure that Matt from DemoRanch was born and raised rich, or at least married in to it. There's no way someone could afford veterinary school, that beautiful property, all those nice cars/trucks, and what has to be hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of guns on the salary of a veterinarian who does such a large amount of nonprofit work. Even with the extra YouTube money.

I don't mean this in a derogatory way, I love the guy. But he's clearly independently wealthy.

Yep!

I think almost all channels have no issue with what gun someone else chooses. They just promote their favorites in a friendly game of one-ups-manship.

The issue with some channels that people seem to miss is that when they are willing to sell you junk for cash they are also very likely to sell YOU out for cash. Such is the case with many of the gun guys on the NRA payroll. They do not have the interests of the common man at heart.

Not usually a cynical person, but recent events have me questioning if the common man has the intrest of the common man at heart.

I see you tube channels as any other commercial driven form of entertainment. Everybody is trying to sell you something you don't need. We just have to keep our bull$#*+ filters calibrated.

Not usually a cynical person, but recent events have me questioning if the common man has the intrest of the common man at heart.

I see you tube channels as any other commercial driven form of entertainment. Everybody is trying to sell you something you don't need. We just have to keep our bull$#*+ filters calibrated.
I just wanna sell you colorful balloons. You can have em in any color, as long as its red.

Yes!!
This reminds me a lot of when I finally got my Dad to go online decades back. At first he thought the "net" was a giant news paper. Was always telling me all the "great things he did not know he was finding". It took a while to get him to understand it was more like a giant tabloid. When I finally got him to grasp anyone could say anything he got it.
To me the "gun channels" are no different. They can be entertaining but anyone can say anything. Does this mean I don't enjoy them from time to time? No, I do. I also don't care if the people who put one up are trying to make a buck and sell me something. When I want some new gun I will often of course watch many video's of them. Good or bad may influence how I feel about plunking down cash but will not out and out make up my mind. You have to look at all these guys as entertainment. Sure most of them are trying to sell you something. The channels are free and worth just what you pay for them.

Yes, he was born wealthy enough to finance his own videos.

The Yankee Marshsl is entertaining, but I strongly worry about a gun channel guy that openly discourages people from getting real firearms training.
People procreate without any "real training" so hey. Though Margaret Sanger, the founder of eugenics and Planned Parenthood tried her hand at the final solution before the Nazis.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top