JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few of things to keep in mind about firearms training...

You can "inherit" the trainer's likes , dislikes and habits both good and bad....

The way one trainer teaches you may be all well and good for the situation that you were trained for , then and there at that place in time...but it may not work so well in other places.
Example :
I was trained in how to clear a room and or house by the Army...I even have real world practice at it , when it actually mattered ...but that is not how I would clear my room or house today in my neighborhood....:eek::D

Remember that if you survive , then what you did worked...that time...review and retrain...'cause next time may be different.
Andy
Edit to add :
Please note that I am not against training...Just pointing out some things to keep in mind...

Having watched this video I personally see nothing wrong with what he said. When he was talking about "safety training" I had to laugh since I agree with him. When there is some "accident" with a firearm it is normally done by someone who "should" know better. These "hold my beer and watch this" moments with guns. Anyone who would do some of this stupid crap is NOT going to learn to not do so because they went to a class. Do we have to have a class to not stick your hand in a running lawn mower?
As for "tactical training" I also agree. Would be fun but I can see little if any real world use for most who would take it. Reason being few would take enough of it to use it in real life. Many, too many, gun owners suffer from what I call "too much TV time". They "think" what they have seen is how it really is. Think bullets go where people want them to by magic. think when someone is shooting at them they will calmly shoot back. Few, very few, really do this. Look at the training LEO's get and what too often happens with them. You can't take one class and become a trained shooter. Would the training be fun? Sure. Would it hurt? Can't see how myself. Did the guy say something in this video to shame him for? Not that I can see now that I actually watched it. Will others get super butt hurt at his "opinion" in this video? Absolutely. <shrug>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top