JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This may be a hijack, but with Gunny named, maybe not. Best R. Lee Ermey movie is NOT Full Metal Jacket. It is "The Siege at Firebase Gloria". Gunny in ACTION! Might be the best Vietnam movie ever made, with due consideration to "Go Tell It To the Spartans" (Burt Lancaster), and more recently, "We Were Soldiers". "Siege" and "Spartans" take an exit off the freeway of any other movies about Vietnam. It is an exit that hits the dirt road, and ya better have chains if ya wanna get out. "Siege" cannot be found on DVD, and VHS copies are being snagged up like M & M's. Get it. Watch it. Gunny at his very best. Vietnam at its guttural real.

Hmmm. The Siege at Firebase Gloria is listed on Netflix, but as availability unknown so it doesn't look promising there.

We Were Soldiers is in my permanent DVD collection.

This may be a hijack, but with Gunny named, maybe not. Best R. Lee Ermey movie is NOT Full Metal Jacket. It is "The Siege at Firebase Gloria". Gunny in ACTION! Might be the best Vietnam movie ever made, with due consideration to "Go Tell It To the Spartans" (Burt Lancaster), and more recently, "We Were Soldiers". "Siege" and "Spartans" take an exit off the freeway of any other movies about Vietnam. It is an exit that hits the dirt road, and ya better have chains if ya wanna get out. "Siege" cannot be found on DVD, and VHS copies are being snagged up like M & M's. Get it. Watch it. Gunny at his very best. Vietnam at its guttural real.

I thought his best movie was "Saving Silverman", followed by "Texas Chainsaw Massacre".

If you make your screen picture (I don't know the technical term) smaller, the ad moves up and out of the way of the site navigation bar.

Actually, if you drag your mouse over some of those ads from top to bottom, they do greatly expand and cover the menu bar. The trick is to approach the menu bar from below with the mouse and never touch the ad, at least for me.

I see these ads, but they are above the nav bar and do not expand. Since people are having different experiences with these ads, I think it may be a screen size or font setting of their device. Just guessing, though.

I see these ads, but they are above the nav bar and do not expand. Since people are having different experiences with these ads, I think it may be a screen size or font setting of their device. Just guessing, though.

Try hitting the "CTRL" key while hitting the "+" key twice, that what it takes to move the banner form OVER the bar to on TOP of the bar. I'm using a netbook with about a 9" screen so I probably have the screen "blown up" a little more than others.

What I'm seeing is a couple of ads which truly expand downward when you mouse over them. They about double in height and expose more ad. When they do that, they cover the forum radio buttons. This is not a screen setting, it's an active ad. If I go lower on the screen and click on a blank spot, they shrink back to size.

The next time I get one of those ads, I'll take a couple of screen shots and post them.

Thanks for the review, never heard of it.. used VHS at amazon are going for $20 so it must be a real cult flick

Ditto that it is the only ad that I have seen here that blocks navigation. It also does not have a courtesy "close" button to reduce the take over ad ... but then didn't really expect any courtesy from Gunny.
Bad news for NWF - I can't get to the navigation - I go elsewhere. Go from favorite bookmark to next bookmark.

Additional detail. Other banner ads are positioned above the navigation and I have clicked on many in the past. The Glock/Gunny one appears to be coded incorrectly for placement as it falls across the navigation. Experience it on Desktop PC, Laptop and iPhone ... where I have NWF bookmarked.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top