JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Having had to qualify on many a rifle range in the rain...or the opposite in brain broiling heat...
And always qualifying as Expert...I would say maybe.
I say maybe...'Cause as pointed out earlier...
Everything will affect bullet flight..
Just how much for any given purpose , may or may not be enough to worry or wonder about.

In any event...
I do know from experience that differences in temperature and humidity will affect black powder loadings.
Andy

In my own case, I would like to believe that my negative experiences with precision shooting in rain ("repeatable, observable") are more than "anecdotal".

I repeated them and observed the results (tried to prove them wrong: greedily going right back out there in the next downpour).

But I will still grant that I have no idea what is causing what I have repeatedly observed and tried to prove wrong.

It was easy at first to suspect collision with raindrops. I have no way of proving that wrong, and have no interest now in doing so. Toward @Andy54Hawken 's assessment, my "prohibition" toward shooting in the rain only extends to "precise work" on the bench: a place where anything out of routine shows up on the paper.

My observable and repeatable results have only been demonstrated in precise work. Unless you make a living as a benchrest shooter (I don't), I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top