JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have never once had to wait more than 30 min. So I would have to say. All of them...
I could only surmise that there is either someone using your info, you misplaced some info on the form, you are a very recent emigrant to Oregon or there is something in your background that they are possibly worried about? This is the first I've heared about having to wait so long. Can anyone give me any idea? It seems to be common?

I actually did just switch my drivers license from Texas to Oregon, so maybe that had something to do with it? Like someone else said, I think once it gets to the "further research" stage they probably just toss it into a pile and return to the instant checks. I still have a hard time believing that it could take weeks or months to deny someone. The disqualifying factors (felonies, mental illness, dishonorable discharge, domestic violence) should be things that show up "instantly," or so I would think...

"Right to bear arms" doesn't feel like much of a right to me after this whole deal.

I have been a resident since 1951, probably since 1950 if you will go by my conception date. My ODL was issued in 1966. This last time for renewal I decided to not renew due to health issues. Now I am beginning to wonder if it was a wise move because I do have a few guns I still want to buy. Anyone have any expeience with this?

I have been a resident since 1951, probably since 1950 if you will go by my conception date. My ODL was issued in 1966. This last time for renewal I decided to not renew due to health issues. Now I am beginning to wonder if it was a wise move because I do have a few guns I still want to buy. Anyone have any expeience with this?

First off, good for you for realizing where you're at as far as your ability to safely drive and making the proper decision for yourself. It's far to uncommon these days.

Second, just because you didn't renew your ODL doesn't mean you can't still get an ID card from the DMV. It would be wise to do just that, as it's very convenient for when you need a government-issued ID card (like when buying a gun from an FFL).

Any shop that refuses to release after 3 business days is an idiot and a spineless coward that has no business selling guns. If you are shopping at a store that does not release delayed firearms after 3 business days you are supporting an infringement on people's rights with your hard earned money. It'll happen to you one day if your name or identity matches somoeone elses. Federal and state law is very clear. No liability rest on shop owner/ 3 business days max. No liability at all. NONE. ZERO! So why do so many owners refuse to release? Well first ask yourself how hard it is to get an FFL and open your own gun store when you have sufficient capital. Any dope can do it. These people have no clue what federal and state laws allow and what it does not and judging by the comments in this thread neither do any of you. It's sad, pathetic, and disgraceful to imply anyone ever wait for a firearm past the 3 business day limit. There's no excuse to support such idiocy or imply that any good is done by allowing it.

You mine as well tell someone to turn in their guns and just let the feds decide who gets what and if they are lucky they will be allowed to get one. Many horror stories of people being delayed sometimes for years in this idiotic state of weak coward gun dealers. This is unacceptable and pure tyranny. If you think the shop is covering their butt you clearly are uneducated and have no idea what federal and state laws allow. This massive misconception is why the gun grabbers always win ( they know the law on 3 day max wait on delayed transfers but your shop owner doesnt). Its because no one ever does their research and they are lazy second amendment "supporters." I'm going to be starting my own website to document each and every gun shop in the entire state of Oregon and their policy on 3 business day max wait on delayed firearms. I don't think most of you even know how a background check works or that OSP just uses NICS. They get approved or denied in minutes. Anyone delayed has passed the NICS check but OSP simply wants to be a nanny and look into "stuff". They can delay you as long as they want. Only the gun dealer can decide if they can. Weak pathetic men in the business now a days. No backbone and highly uneducated buffoons these days. This is why I intend to open my own gun shop in the next few years. We will follow all state and federal laws at my shop. Anyone who tells you that a delay is a necessary evil is an unedcuated idiot and most likely a loser in real life. Even if gun owners releases. 1) they are not liable, period! 2) If it is later found out the person is disqualified they send the atf goon squad to retrieve the firearm and arrest the buyer( this happens 2900 out of 210000 delays each year. Atleast some gun shops in America and oregon still know the law). So this "keeping it out of prohibited possessors hands" is certified BS. Here are some photos to help clarify feel free to research federal laws to confirm. It's not hard to figure out. Do NOT do business at any gun shop that does not release delayed firearms after 3 business days! This is the law for a reason and anything less is a pure infringement on your rights! Do not blame OSP your gun dealer is the only one infringing on your rights. And those of you who like to support such tyrants you are the biggest hypocrites of all. And while you may have no issue today wait until it does happens to you. And you realize the infringement taking place is only because your owner is an idiot. People went to buy guns due to new laws and many were delayed by gun dealers who are idiots because they have a high school education and are scared little girls who dont know federal or state law. Remember any clown can open a gun shop. It's up to you to stay informed. Keep a look out for my new website and I will let you all know when I open my own gun store. Shouldn't be more than a year or two. Won't have a bunch of stuff on hand but we can order anything you need 3 day business day transfers will be guaranteed. We will close early on certain days to insure you get your firearm soon as you are legally able to do so. I will upload some photos to support my argument that cite federal and state laws. All statements I made can be verified. Being misinformed is no excuse for tyranny. Dont ever let some stupid gun dealer tell you otherwise because they are an idiot. You are not, unless you are stubborn and want to be. Laws are laws for a reason. Tell these weak spineless dealers to stop infringing on the rights of oregonians and if they are too stupid and uneducated to know or follow the law or to weak to follow it then they need to get out of the business because right now is no time for idiotic cowards. When leftists know the law and your shop owner doesn't you got a serious problem and a very uneducated and a very weak owner. I will always follow all laws even controversial ones so that my customers are not infringed on. Oregon gun dealers now a days are all ran by weak men. Time for change. Be the change you want to see gentlemen. There's no excuse for being uneducated when it comes to the law when we have unlimited access to the internet. It doesn't take long to look stuff up. There's honestly no excuse to be so misinformed on such a key issue. Otherwise the government can infringe on your rights indefinitely. That's a denial of rights without due process and against the precedent created by statutory and constitutional law. Why would you ever condone that idiocy or support a shop owner who does? You'd have to be insane

Screenshot_20220620-185058_Edge.jpg 20220620_163724.jpg 20220620_163049.jpg 20220620_163002.jpg 20220620_124014.jpg 20220620_110855.jpg 20220619_193600.jpg

I'd like to see some statistics on how many background checks delayed past 3 days result in a denial... Seems like a crime to me when people are stuck in limbo for months.
I have been delayed for 5 weeks now. And finally got a phone call saying that I was permanently delayed. Not denied. Permanently delayed. What does that mean?

Oregon State Police clears your background record every five years. If you have something in your past, it will pop up and stop you from proceeding forward as they move very slowly to check up on it.

Tick Licker firearms (it's the name of Daniel Boone's rifle...) in Salem, Oregon and Corvallis, Oregon are releasing after the 3rd day - either day 4 or day 5.

My brother just picked up a firearm while he is still at 40,000-ish on the list.

I was hit with a two week delay on a new glock... I waited out the duration and on the last day of the delay, called the dealer Good Guys Guns in Medford, OR. Having never bought a firearm in Oregon I was curious how the system worked. I asked if the delay would be extended automatically or what the deal was. The employee told me (rudely) that they would get a response back sometime. It is now past the delay date and no word from the dealer...

I read on OFF's website that one should find a dealer willing to release the firearm after 3 days. I'd like to buy privately, but I haven't found anything that I want that way yet.

So does anyone know a dealer in Oregon that is willing to transfer a firearm after 3 days? It's hard to believe how anti-gun dealers seem to be.
You may notice that there are quite a few members here who are not fans of the three day rule releases. You asked a simple question and it deserves a simple answer.

Tigard Pawn 4 More is one I know for sure is doing them.

@SonicBlue03 said Curt's Discount Guns is doing them.

@J&B Firearm Sales Inc. was doing them but may have stopped taking in transfers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top