JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Glock 27 may be a 2nd, and I also added one of those little extenders to the bottom of the magazine. It gives a place to put little pinkie. My other two magazine load outs, I use the 13 round magazines of the Glock 23.
Due to it's size, my grip is somewhat modified to where it prints slightly to the right, but the correct height. My medium to large fat hands would probably do better with the Generation 4, Glock 27, but hate to retrain for something that works well. I have run tacs with the 1911 A1, that mostly works good, only it seems like a constant reloading. The Glocks are like the old westerns where six guns never run dry!

lol, just insult the entire forum why don't you?

No insult intended, just my opinion. BTW I can't see spending 400 to 500 bucks on a gun that cost the austrian government less than a tenth of that, with 2 magazines. In fact even now the glock profit margin on each pistol is huge, especially in the US.

I can't see spending close to a grand on a colt that won't feed reliably until i drop another grand in gunsmith bills. Love the 1911 style just prefer Glock reliability. and having 16 rounds of 10mm auto firepower on hand is a big +++ for me.
Cheers Dresden

wanna put your money where your mouth is? i lead a NW Oregon/Southwest WA training group, and can easily facilitate and would LOVE to have such a skilled master come out to the range show me and my glock 17 how it's done.

Sorry I don't teach anymore, thank you for the compliment though. My methods don't "fit" with current accepted standards. I am a double tap shooter, not a "spray and pray" shooter.

For 400 tell me a gun that has been proven to be as reliable as the glock and used by tons of military and law enforcement

Cz 75 or any variant. When the Israelis start using the glock as an issue weapon I may consider changing my mind. (yes I do know they use it, but in a limited fashion and number)

I will take a Glock over a Colt any day simply because i can trust a Glock to fire every time. For me the beauty of Glocks is the reliability and functionality, every time i pull the trigger it goes BANG more than i can say for most Colts. I have 2 Glocks and paid $450 each and would do it again in a heartbeat, i will keep buying Gen 2 Glocks when i can as they are about the perfect defense pistol. accurate and reliable all the time. If you are getting marginal accuracy from your Glock you really need to learn to shoot.

I can't say I have ever had a Colt misfire in my memory. With proper maintenance and ammunition I have found them to be 100% reliable. I have no idea how many rounds I have sent down range, but for several years it was a minimum of 2500 rounds per month, which was my training allotment. My personal experience, coupled with the hundreds of thousands of rounds I have seen fired while serving as a range safety observer, I can't relate to your characterization of Colts as unreliable as a class. Of course in the hands of unskilled operators ANY weapon can malfunction.

Who cares about the israelis? They don't fight our wars. I never said there weren't other guns being used. But for the price u can't beat the glock

Yeah but they actually win. Lorcins,Ravens and hipoints are cheaper.
Let's agree to disagree, sure glocks are good, but, there are lots of good (even great) guns out there.

But I really wonder what the heck all of these Glock fans are talking about when they say that they want a gun that goes "bang" every time they pull the trigger, and in the same breath imply that a Colt or other quality 1911 won't do that.

WTF? I mean really? And you base this on.....?

I've fired thousands of rounds thru the half a dozen 1911's I've had and with the exception of the one Series 80 style gun have never, ever pulled the trigger and not had it go bang. I'm not a fan at all of the 1911 platform that uses the firing pin safety and would never again have one that wasn't converted to "series 70" style. Many 1911 fans not only consider the firing pin safety superfluous, but obnoxious. So do many manufacturing companies. I believe it's harder to find a new gun with it, than it is to find one without it.

Let me re-phrase that so my point is clear.

I HATE 1911's WITH FIRING PIN SAFETYS!!!

But I don't think I've heard anyone here make that distinction while talking about the finer/lesser points of the 4 generations of Glocks, at the same time trash talking the 1911.

I've owned enough center fire guns that I honestly can not keep track of them. Every single one went or goes bang every time I pulled or pull the trigger, as do almost every gun ever made. Having a gun that fires when it should is not a trait solely found in Glock pistols.

Ya don't like steel or aluminum framed guns? Cool. Nut up and say so.

Don't want to spend the bread for a pretty gun. Ok. It's all good. The extra money can easily go into ammo,and that's a good thing. Besides, beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.:cool:

Don't want a single action style handgun. That's a personal preference and we are all entitled to what "tools" we want to have and use.

Just take the implied excuse that only a Glock "goes bang every time" and put it away.

Well the thread originator obviously achieved his goal of stirring the pot. It's obvious that was his only goal. In reality, what's it matter if someone doesn't like the brand of gun I own? What the **** do I care if you hate my gun? I didn't buy it for you. In fact, I quit listening to people the second they start bashing stuff I own. I just don't allow myself to succumb to peers attempting to show me they know everything and can tell me that their Taurus tactical is better than my Sig 229 or their Kahr is better than my Glock 17. It is funny though, every single time one of these big mouths open up at the range, they can't hit squat. We have a stupid snob (snob meaning arrogant, and vocal) at ARPC that swears his pistol is the shi*, but can't hit more than 1 of the 7 steel pop ups using a whole mag through his pistol. I just sit back and giggle.

When people say” goes bang every time” I think they are talking about no jams. I like both and own both the 1911 is more finicky and prone to jam then a glock.

None of the 1911s I've owned have proven to be finicky and have fed any type of bullet (LRN, FMJ, JHP of many styles) that I've loaded into the mag. I've often been told that my 1911 won't feed _______ (insert bullet type here) and I've yet to have that proven to me. In fact, I recently traded some FMJ ammo for a box of Speer Gold Dot 230gr GDHPs from another member of the forum here. He was told that his 1911 wouldn't feed them. Geez, the CBOB just ate them up. :D None of the guns I've owned have had any feed ramp work done, either.
The cycling of the firearm and automatic chambering of the next round fall into the category of "going bang" to me. Sorry if I only implied that and didn't outright state that.
I've only shot one Glock. It's a fine handgun. Just not my style.
Someone has a preference for a certain style of firearm and think that to prove their point, they have to trash the "opposition".
Not true.

Well the thread originator obviously achieved his goal of stirring the pot. It's obvious that was his only goal. In reality, what's it matter if someone doesn't like the brand of gun I own? What the **** do I care if you hate my gun? I didn't buy it for you. In fact, I quit listening to people the second they start bashing stuff I own. I just don't allow myself to succumb to peers attempting to show me they know everything and can tell me that their Taurus tactical is better than my Sig 229 or their Kahr is better than my Glock 17. It is funny though, every single time one of these big mouths open up at the range, they can't hit squat. We have a stupid snob (snob meaning arrogant, and vocal) at ARPC that swears his pistol is the shi*, but can't hit more than 1 of the 7 steel pop ups using a whole mag through his pistol. I just sit back and giggle.

:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads