JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I look at 1st gen glocks like a Zack Morris brick phone. Their good for a laugh.
I hated the feel of a brick in my hand, but their still dependable.
I will buy one for a camp gun or a truck gun for around 200-250 and I would still feel screwed.

omg,(palms forehead) The wanna be elitist has spoken.Probably never even fired a glock,or has a ruger...hahaha

I think the guy is a bit high at $450 on his old Glock. I would probably pay (and probably have) between $350 and $400 for a Glock used like that.

Having spent years as both a gunsmith and salesman, I would venture a statement that there are no other semi-auto's on the shelf as reliable out of the box as the Glock. There are only 35 parts. There's simply fewer parts to go wrong than almost any other semi-auto pistol. Its ergonomics are a nightmare for some people, but it just goes bang when you ask it to. And that's worth something...

Look any Glock will not win any beauty contests for sure. I don't give a bleep about any of that. I have fully customized 1911's, bought customized 1911's, own nice wheelguns (and like those too) and owned some other double stack autos as well. Have come back to Glock, because what really counts is will it go off when I want it to. The answer is Yep! My current Glock a Gen 3 has better fit to my hands than the Gen 1 I previously had, but ultimately these things are simple, accurate enough for me, and extremely reliable which is all I want in my sidearm. You jam up you die! No thanks!

personally i would not pay more than 200 dollars for that gun as you have described it. pictures might convince otherwise. all in all im a 1911 guy i like tinkering with my gun i like the solid feel of awesome forged steel in my hands. if it shoots good works well cool. if not buy another firearm. A glock is a glock it was design to be what it is. 1. to function to the point of ridiculousness 2. to be relatively cheap and easy to manufacture. (i don't care what you have to say on this point its easier to mold plastic the to forge or machine steel) 3. be able to be modified little by little to accept different calibers and in different length guns. 4. to do what everything else in this world does make $$$$$$$PROFIT$$$$$$. so who cares if he wants to be a snob its america. most of us gun people are snobs anyway! i couldn't believe i had to explain to a lady the other day that a 30-30 wouldn't fit let alone function in a ak 47 but she thought it would.

! i couldn't believe i had to explain to a lady the other day that a 30-30 wouldn't fit let alone function in a ak 47 but she thought it would.[/QUOTE]
tell her dumb azz to buy the gun, get as far away from here as possible then go ahead try, I'll see you in He*ll bi*tch ! HAHA!

A used Glock is a used Glock no matter what Generation it might be. That price is too high! Bought used G22s and a 27 for $380 to $@225. New police prices for the 3.5 (New texured), and the Generation 4 was $425 new on the G22s with three mags. Thought they might be crap at first sight, but was I wrong. Really for them 100%. and never had a failure. A couple of the used ones, I installed Lone Wolf barrels so I could use lead bullets, and never regret it. The Generation 4 better fits my hand, and like the larger magazine release button. My poor 1911 A1 is now my night stand firearm

omg,(palms forehead) The wanna be elitist has spoken.Probably never even fired a glock,or has a ruger...hahaha

I had a Glock 27 and I liked it, and I will pobably buy another Glock, just wasn't a fan of the 1st Gen. Some people love them. I am not one of those people.

And $450 for a 1st Gen Glock is waaaaaaay tooooooo much!

thank you todd for your wonderful suggestions. those ideas right there is why open carry is illegal now in oregon and other restricive laws abound because of ignorance and stupidity at the level of your comments thank you goodnight because as gun owners we have an obligation to educate the ignorant public about firearms before we are outlawed because were out lawyered.

thank you todd for your wonderful suggestions. those ideas right there is why open carry is illegal now in oregon and other restricive laws abound because of ignorance and stupidity at the level of your comments thank you goodnight because as gun owners we have an obligation to educate the ignorant public about firearms before we are outlawed because were out lawyered.

since when is open-carry illegal in oregon?

Hey Mosin, it was a joke, haha, but some people should not own firearms just like some people should not drink alcohol. Both can be deadly if used by the wrong people. And say someone came in to my gunshop and asked why a 30-30 shell would not work in an AK-47, I would show them the door. I am not going to give them a lecture on how guns operate. If they were friends then yes I would. I would however tell him or her if you want to know how firearms work Google is a great tool at explaining the basics of how different types of firearms work. But ok if I am not allowed to have a sense of humor in your Glock trashing thread, I am sorry for you not me.

some people shouldn't own guns like some people shouldn't drink- i'll agree with that. but i'll never agree that this should be enforced. it's your right to ruin your life, and it's your right to abuse your rights and face the consequences of that abuse.

safety and liberty are contrary themes, and i'll always take liberty.

No use for a glock, imho, a gun for the unskilled, uninitiated, and those lacking in an appreciation for the finer things in life. A gun designed for the military, a gun that any 18 year old can be trained to use in a minimum amount of time, ideal for every one and not completely suitable for any one. Buy a 1911 or a highpower, or better yet a good revolver.

No use for a glock, imho, a gun for the unskilled, uninitiated, lacking in an appreciation for the finer things in life. A gun designed for the military, a gun that any 18 year old can be trained to use in a minimum amount of time, ideal for every one and not completely suitable for any one. Buy a 1911 or a highpower, or better yet a good revolver.

wanna put your money where your mouth is? i lead a NW Oregon/Southwest WA training group, and can easily facilitate and would LOVE to have such a skilled master come out to the range show me and my glock 17 how it's done.

No use for a glock, imho, a gun for the unskilled, uninitiated, and those lacking in an appreciation for the finer things in life. A gun designed for the military, a gun that any 18 year old can be trained to use in a minimum amount of time, ideal for every one and not completely suitable for any one. Buy a 1911 or a highpower, or better yet a good revolver.

lol, just insult the entire forum why don't you?

You could say the same thing about an AK, but both are super reliable. Not for everyone but for me, as I count on my weapon to go off without a bunch of tinkering to make it work, and I like Hi capacity mags because I can. Not to mention mine (glock) has all the add ons that I want, and still under $700, and accurate and never had a jam in several hundred rounds fired. Can't say that for any 1911 I have had. I do love the accuracy of a 1911, but I fight to get my rifle with my sidearm anyway. To each there own, I have my opinion, you have yours. Still love ya though fellow gun lover!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top