JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems to me the Glocks haven't made good use of tech advancements that design is old and they've had to be dragged kicking and screaming into making back straps. I want a glock that has tighter lock up and a contoured grip and I kinda liked the fish gills. why is it still so square???????

Because form follows function.
It's a concept that escapes the 1911 crowd, where reliability comes in a distant 2nd to fancy grips. :s0018:

Quote below is from a 2003 forbes article for you guys. The original 1983 contract was for 25,000 guns, that can be found out most anywhere. How much the austrian government paid has been kept secret. But if it cost $75 to build them 20 years later, well just think about it!!

And here is the link to the complete article:
http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2003/0331/064.html

These days Glock GmbH has an estimated $100 million in sales, two-thirds of it from the trigger-happy United States. A gun that retails for $500 can be manufactured for $75, and the company has a pretax margin nearing 60%, estimates John Farnam of Defense Training International, a LaPorte, Colo. small arms instructor.

Please forgive me but what's the point? Glock has managed to make a very reliable gun for low manufacturing costs. Good for them. What difference does the profit margin make?

Please forgive me but what's the point? Glock has managed to make a very reliable gun for low manufacturing costs. Good for them. What difference does the profit margin make?

exactly! Glock is able to make a good profit margin and bring a quality product to the market at a reasonable price. sounds like a winning business model to me.

It doesn't matter to me. But it surely would matter to me if it was my product! :D

To have a true profit figure we would have to know how much Glock sells the guns to their direct customers for. Comparing to retail is flawed due to the amount of "fingers in the pie".

Also, would be cool to know what the production costs are for other firearms.

Forgive me if the point has been made, I was only able to skim a few pages...
But Glocks are great because they are nearly impervious to the elements, nearly incapable of failing to fire due to the elements, lightweight(polymer also reduces recoil forces), accurate, and capable of firing multiple different calibers by just swapping barrels, slides, and mags.
It's a true survivors gun! ;)
-K

Being a capitalist I agree that if Gaston can make a quality pistol for less than a hundred bucks an compete in the market of $600 guns then good for him.

To say that it's the most reliable pistol ever made seems off to me..... when I ask the glock fanboys why they think that, they repeat what Gaston intended " look how many police use them look at the torture test" this was perhaps the best idea Mr. Glock ever had, get them into the american police market with sweet heart deals.

The government agencys choose the cheapest pistol that passes the tests not the pistol that performs best on the tests.

And why does no one ever concider that Glocks fail almost every limp wrist test? Is the ability to shoot a gun with a broken hand or while weakend by blood loss not important? Are these the same people that require sharp square rear sight so they can cycle their gun on the edge of a table?

Whats the bs sighn for? You bring your 1911,I'll bring my worne out lookin gen 1 glock,and lets start puttin rounds down range.At what point will you wanna stop?Or will your gun make the decision for you? I've had zero ftf with this old gun,and trust me,it looked like it had seen several thousand rnds when I bought it for $275 years ago.Whens the last time you put 500 rnds down range with your 1911 in one day? Or done it without concern of your gun? I will any day of the week with this gun and not think twice.Any time Bud. My 9mm ammo wont cost as much that day either!

gunslinger calls bs that I have a gen 1 g19 that runs perfect? I'm wondering why thats so hard to beleive.This gun has a lotta miles on it and runs excellent.Its not pretty with fancy grips,but it does what I expect it to.

It might only cost $75 to manufacture, but several million invested into machines, and overhead. Probably most of that is labor costs. Materials probably less than $30. Same for an milled AK, probably only costs $50 to make that too.

gunslinger calls bs that I have a gen 1 g19 that runs perfect? I'm wondering why thats so hard to beleive.This gun has a lotta miles on it and runs excellent.Its not pretty with fancy grips,but it does what I expect it to.

because some people just can't understand that, just because it's not for them doesn't make it a bad/undesireable for everyone.

he says things like "can't argue with a Glock LOVER!" while he will probably defend his 1911 til the cows come home. I own and appreciate both 1911 and Glock for what they are. Arguing over which is better is just stupid since you're comparing apples to oranges.

I've had a Glock 26 for over six years now, it was my first centerfire handgun, and I don't plan on ever letting it go. Great CCW piece, very comfortable to carry, and it's never once jammed on me. People who slam Glocks are usually the same people who have never owned or fired them.

I just baught a glock 23 and a xd in 40 SW a couple days ago and I like them. all I can say is, If you dont like a certain model of pistol Dont buy it. There are alot of pistol manufactures out there

So... I was in CNS in Albany the other day and decided to toss a Glock in my hand to see how they were coming along....

Surprising.... to say the least. Was very comfortable. Now I did put it down after about 3 seconds, fearing another purchase coming along.. I didn't want my XD to feel cheated on....

So little time, so many guns...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top