JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't plan on buggin out if things go awry so my dogs (a popcorn lab (yellow) & king Charles Cavalier) with stay around until we are running low on food. I will not let them starve but will not starve myself either.
Man CAN live off of fish & venison for a while.

We take weekend trips with the dog frequently, so we have her own nice little bag ready to go with leash, collar and food. I keep thinking I need to take a picture and print it and have the license paperwork in there too for I'd purposes. Thanks for the reminder.

No. We have cats. I'll put them down quickly.
Instead of killing your cats, why don't you get some 20 lb. bags of food, and some 5 gal. mylar bags to vacuum-seal them in?

And for the general public, I'm getting tired of all the "bugging Out" bullbubblegum. It's an overdone concept of Mel Tappan's, from the 1970's. What are you going to do? Evacuate your house, because some people started rioting in Portland? Start thinking, people.

I'm a dog person, but my G/F has a cat and I built a bug-out bag for him in case we have to do so. Some dry food in a zip lock, and some canned. A no-break collar and leash made of para-cord. Also some collapsible food bowls. Our cat is now more prepared than 90% of the population, I think o_O. My future step-daughter is looking for a soft cat carrier similar to those chest mount baby carriers.

Yes, cat food is in the emergency supplies gear; I rotate it out (usually by first forgetting to get some at the store) and replacing the "buffer" temporarily used to fill the shortage, with new stuff.

To be more specific, I tested a four year-old (20 lb.) bag of Meow Mix that had been in our End -of-the World stash, that had been vacuum-sealed in a 5-gal. mylar bag. The cats ate it as if I had just picked it up at the store. It had stored so well, that I just re-sealed it in another mylar bag, and put it back into our larder with new storage date information.

Just some of the things us professional survivalists do...

A dog is what you make of him. And can be a great benefit.

I carry a kit much like yours Joe13. Only bigger.
Back up collar and leash. Poop bags w/ gloves. Fold up dish. And a doggy med kit. Plus 1.5 gallons of water.
I also vacuum sealed three, five scoop meals. And keep all this in a designated dog backpack in the truck. So we can just go.
And for both our protection. He has on a collar with I.D. and proof of shots 24/7. Along with a chip.

My dog is healthy and has great conditioning. He really needs very little from me.
His feet are tough from our constant hikes and walks. [I don't even need to trim his claws. As he constantly wears them off]. He has been trained to move through and over obstacles. So he won't slow me down.

If necessary my dog can eat what I eat. And we would share to the last morsel.
Man cares for dog. And dog cares for man. It's been this way for more than 10,000 Years.

20160430_151913 (2).jpg

There are some benifits with a small dog=). I think it would take him 5-6 days to drink 1.5 gal of water and he only eats about a cup or so of food a day.

I need to vacuum pack some food I guess just in case.

I Need to add gloves and a couple freezer ziplocks for when you can't find a garbage can.

He has a collar with ID and my phone number on it and my wife's number.

Getting him chipped is next in line.

That and we are walking more - would be nice if we walked enougj to not have to trim his nails though that's for sure;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top