Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Do any metal recyclers take ammunition brass in Washington county?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Modly, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Modly

Modly Beaverton Active Member

I've got a large bucket full of genuine scrap. Cracked cases, .22 brass, trimmer shavings from blackout conversion, etc. None of it is brass that would be useful to any reloader.

I'm moving in less than three weeks and I'd like to get rid of this stuff rather than transport it, despite brass scrap value being low. Being that it's so low, I'd rather not drive way out to NE Portland to do a scrap run again.

Does anybody in Washington county scrap ammo brass? Most metal recycling places don't accept it.

2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I've never done it but hear it's commonly done. Some guys even save their spent primers for redemption as they are copper/brass. I'd call first though because some are crazy picky about some things.
    Good luck.

3. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Though I have not tried yet both of these places said they would take cases for recycling. They may even pay for it. Last I spoke with them that included shot shells. I'd call ahead though

http://www.farwestrecycling.com/
    specifically this one:
    6440 SE Alexander St, Hillsboro, OR 97123

http://metrometalsnw.com/

4. JedB

JedB PDX Active Member

If you belong to Tri-County, you could dump the brass in one of the many brass containers they have at each range.

5. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Yea it's worth something.. like 1-2 $/lb. They'll quote their prices.

6. Modly

Modly Beaverton Active Member

I know. Sadly it's about a dollar a pound less than the last time I scrapped some out.