JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My son has been sorting and processing some 9mm brass, and there's a bunch of these in the batch. The case head is rounded and battered. The firing pin dent is huge, compared to normal. It makes me wonder what kind of gun it was fired in that would do this to the brass. Any ideas?

IMG_2605[1].jpg

What do the case walls look like? They appear to have been tumbled in something rather coarse. As to the primers, I would guess an open-bolt gun like an Ingram/MAC10 or some other slam-fire with a dimple firing pin.

Case walls are fine, no tumbling involved. The headstamps are just beat to heck and rounded. They're definitely scrap, no doubt on that.

If the case walls are fine, this is even more curious. Impressions in he brass appear to be from at least two different guns. A few have a circular impressions haflway between the primer pocket and rim edge and a few have oddly shaped "bolt face" impressions. However, the headstamps and rims seem to be worn from repetitive contact with "something", as if the case heads were subjected to some type of abrasive process. IOW, very strange.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top