JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Haha. Ive been here what? 13-14 years .

And no, Even with an FFL you cannot buy private party in another state. Its still a federal felony. You can buy from another dealer, you can buy from private party IF they ship it to you in your state.
Thats an awfully rigid attitude to have for someone with such soft plates :s0114:

The legal definition of discrimination is disparate treatment based on a protected class. Oregon has one of the broadest set of protected classes in the country and consists of:
  • Race
  • Color
  • National origin
  • Religion
  • Disability
  • Sex (includes pregnancy)
  • Sexual orientation
  • Gender identity
US State of Origin is not a protected class, ergo actions based on that do not meet the legal definition of discrimination.
Forget about legal discrimination, if they selling something to some buyers but refusing to sell to other buyers they are discriminating.

Edit: Let's say a restaurant in Oregon refused to serve Washingtonians because the restaurant owner thought Washingtonians were all d-bags. That restaurant owner would be discriminating against Washingtonians based on the State they were residents of. It doesn't matter whether it's legal discrimination or not. The OP felt like he was being discriminated against because of what State he lived in. And he was right, the clerk admitted it. It is legal in that case but it's still discrimination.

Last Edited:
So...if I pick up a hooker on 82nd, we can do the deed along as we wait until we get to Nevada ?

Con tig u ous.
The Mann Act. I would much rather get convicted of carrying a gun I bought in another state than get convicted of human trafficking under the Mann Act. Transporting a prostitute across state lines? Jail time and permanent sex offender status. No Bueno. I'd rather bring hash oil into Russia.

Last Edited:
About the same situation, but different store.
During the craziness of the pandemic I was spending more time in Oregon than in California. Family is in Oregon but we were in CA for work. CA ID and address.
Went to purchase ammo at northwest armory and they asked for ID. Was denied purchase because of CA ID. Their explanation was that they were trying to avoid legal issues.

From my understanding, I can't cross the state line with the ammo, but I shoot all of my stuff in OR anyways. Tried to explain the situation but was refused regardless.
Possibly the same with your magazines.

My opinion is, the buyer is 100% responsible to know the laws of where he lives and if he breaks the law, the store that legally sold him ammo/mags/etc has NOTHING to do with it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top