JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds different from anything I have. The pistol dies I use that are set up are all Dillon but I have used RCBS pistol dies in my 550s, I cant remember any not decapping when sizing. You might try looking up the description of your dies by the part number and see if there is something different about them.

Here:

image.jpg how to use print screen

image.jpg image hosting 30 mb

Well that set would certainly load ammo.. how are you going to charge the cases? That would come right after priming..
(I'm most familiar with the Lee 3 and 4 die sets with the powder through the expander die).

Thanks for posting the instructions. It makes sense once you read them, but I'm not sure how the others work then?? I'll have to do some research.

Wow, that's different... my RCBS dies are also the standard 3 die configuration in 45 acp performing sizing and decapp in I the same die.

Just a thought, but from the various folks I have talked to, it seems that the decap process is the source of much of the problems with dirt and crud fouling up the process. Maybe decap first, then put the cases through the progressive?

Thanks for everyone's help. I haven't reloaded in nearly 35 years and I though my brain was slipping. I just called RCBS. They said my set was made before they offered a progressive press. They are sending me a kit to make my resizing die take a decapper so it will perform just like the modern die sets. Free of charge.

Thanks for everyone's help. I haven't reloaded in nearly 35 years and I though my brain was slipping. I just called RCBS. They said my set was made before they offered a progressive press. They are sending me a kit to make my resizing die take a decapper so it will perform just like the modern die sets. Free of charge.
:s0090:That's great...
You'll still need a powder thru the expander die for any progressive/turret press.
just sayin'
:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews