JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yet another 550 primer question/issue. Small primers work great, switched out to large it's not picking the primer up. I've cleaned the bar, reset the cup, put a new mag tip on and everything else. The bar is sliding all the way back but it's not picking up the primer, one primer is sitting on the bar behind the seating cup when it goes forward. Beyond frustrated right now.

I think this happened to me at one point. I don't remember how I resolved it, but I put my face down there to watch it while it was happening and noticed something amiss and corrected it.

Think I figured it out! I'm dumb both my primer bars had the small primer cup, even though the one that was labeled large and the cup color was large it was small primer. Really odd.

Think I figured it out! I'm dumb both my primer bars had the small primer cup, even though the one that was labeled large and the cup color was large it was small primer. Really odd.
Glad you figured it out. On the rare occasion I have an issue with one of my Dillon presses, it is usually something minor that I overlook. Once I go over the details more closely, all is good.

Yet another 550 primer question/issue. Small primers work great, switched out to large it's not picking the primer up. I've cleaned the bar, reset the cup, put a new mag tip on and everything else. The bar is sliding all the way back but it's not picking up the primer, one primer is sitting on the bar behind the seating cup when it goes forward. Beyond frustrated right now.
IF you have a high time 550 you might try replacing the plastic tip on the primer feed tube.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top