JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The breech lock pro is setup for 9mm and thats really the only cartridge I load on it, the Lee turret was my first press and though it still loads decent its just not the most rigid machine especially if using it as a single stage for resizing bottle neck rifle cartridges like 06 and 7mm rem mag. I've got a buyer for it anyways but I really need/want a more rigid press for loading rifle rounds like .308

Then get a good rigid single stage press like an rcbs rock crusher supreme. I don't think a progressive is warranted or better for bottle neck rifle cartridges. Of course I don't really think a progressive is really needed for most cartridges unless you are a competition shooter going through hundreds of rounds weekly. I load for around 20 different pistol and rifle cartridges and shoot more than most. I have never felt the need for more than my single stage and my turret press. Ymmv.

Then get a good rigid single stage press like an rcbs rock crusher supreme. I don't think a progressive is warranted or better for bottle neck rifle cartridges. Of course I don't really think a progressive is really needed for most cartridges unless you are a competition shooter going through hundreds of rounds weekly. I load for around 20 different pistol and rifle cartridges and shoot more than most. I have never felt the need for more than my single stage and my turret press. Ymmv.
My first press was a Lyman turret. Still have it. Won't part with it. There's a lot that can be done with a turret and they can be very productive when you put your mind to it.

well the 550 press sale fell through, I couldn't reach the seller while I was in his town. I guess I'll continue on with the turret and the breech lock pro for now. I think I will purchase an RCBS Rockchucker for precision rifle and after researching the breechlock pro 4000 it appears as if I can load .308 winchester on it if they sell a shell plate.

well the 550 press sale fell through, I couldn't reach the seller while I was in his town. I guess I'll continue on with the turret and the breech lock pro for now. I think I will purchase an RCBS Rockchucker for precision rifle and after researching the breechlock pro 4000 it appears as if I can load .308 winchester on it if they sell a shell plate.
I load 30-06 etc. on my Lee classic turret so I'd be surprised if you couldn't load .308 on any single stage.

I load 30-06 etc. on my Lee classic turret so I'd be surprised if you couldn't load .308 on any single stage.
Do you remove the indexing shaft and load as a single? I bought the four die .308 Lee set although I haven't tried it yet on the Lee turret. I'm upgrading my powder measure , the disc measure leaves too much wasted powder

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top