JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think everyone should go to dick's and pick up the things that you were wanting and at the check out counter inquire about there policy when you are told they are not fulfilling there orders then say you lost this sale and walk out, this will get the message out better than not going into the store.

Now that would really get their attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::)

The one and only time I went into Dick's I got a weird feeling when in the gun section. All the locks on the rifles, the small ammo selection and the overall 'sterile' appearance of it was enough. The impression I got was 'If you really, really want to buy something we will sell it to you, but expect a real hassle, poor communication, a long wait and basically a bad experience'

I'm curious what the rain check/backorder slips said. It seems to me that there was at the very least an implied contract and Dick's could be legally forced to make good on their existing obligations. That is if anyone is willing to make a legal issue of it...

Tried to buy some Pmags on Ebay and every bid has been canceled. Its time to start to boycott Ebay.

It has been eBay's policy since their inception NOT to allow firearm sales, or sales of hi-cap mags and certain other accessories on there. It's in their user agreement. Why boycott eBay when you get your hand slapped for not adhering to their own policy, which you agreed to when you signed up? If you want to go bid on gun parts - why not join GunBroker.com? It's just like ebay, but for guns.

Never trust (or patronize) a business that uses a person's first name as a business name.

That's kind of a silly policy. I work for a company called Rob's Towing - should no one patronize us because of the name? What about companies that use a last name for the company name - like Anderson Towing - are they more deserving of the business because it's Bruce Anderson's last name, instead of being called Bruce's Towing?

The fact that Dicks will not sell hand guns or hand gun ammo is reason enough for me to have never puchased a thing there. I frequent Heyden Medows Fisherman's on a fairly regular basis and I don't know how Dick stays in buisness, even on a weekend there's only a dozen cars in the lot.

my local Dicks sells hand gun ammo, but not hand guns themselves.

every single time i go into Dicks at South Hill Mall, Puyallup Wa, the gun counter is unattended. ill hang around for 10min or so waiting for a salesman to show up, and if nobody does ill go to the front desk and ask for assistance at the gun counter. two of which times, nobody has showed up, period. i hang around for another 10-15min and leave irritated with horrible service. ASIDE from that, with all the rebellion going on in this country lately, why in gods name is the gun counter always unattended?

To be fair, I'm a bit torn, even given my rant (#14 in this thread).

Stopped off at the Dick's in Clackamas a month or so ago to look at a $70 optic and left with a brand new evil black assault weapon. I was helped there by Will. He barely looks old enough to own a gun, but certainly makes up for it in broad knowledge of weapons/ammo and superb customer service skills.

Helped me get a better weapon than what I was on my way to NW Armory to buy for the same price. By the way, I endorse them fully. Great shop.

Back to Dick's. Of course I complain when I get awful service anywhere. I'd like to think that smart managers will act on repeated negative feedback about problem employees, thin the herd, and hire someone more qualified (which could be just about anyone off the street when it comes to that guy at Washington Square). But I also like to provide praise where it's due, which I did at Clackamas.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top