JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went in there and there were five employees, one of which I think was probably the owner, and 2 customers. 2 of the employees were helping customers and one woman running paperwork stuff. One employee was bsing with another employee for 5 min then stocking ammo for the rest of the time I was there. I figure maybe they just had a big rush, no biggy, I will wait. I'm like 6'away from one employee and 10' from the bsing guy and they are both facing me as is the woman on the computer/terminal maybe 10' away.

So after about 10 minutes of patiently waiting at the counter and trying to make eye contact I start to ask about some ammo and before the first sound is out of my mouth lady says someone will help you in a minute.

One customer came in right after me and he gave up and left (smart man). I wait about another 7 minutes or so and a customer walks in and owner gets up and says what can I get you "joe" (I changed the name). Lady is looking at me nervously as it's really obviously I had been there a long time before him. I continue to wait. Then my body language is sayin "WTF" in as polite a way as possible. After a few minutes she digs up a clipboard and says "you have to be on the list". Says something about I'll put you on the list. Seems to me she was trying to cover for the other asshats who could care less if I waited there all day apparently.

No one mentioned any list in the 20 minutes prior nor does it say "by appointment" on their website, they were not busy, the one guy spent 20 minutes stocking ammo and ignoring customers, and a customer they knew didn't have to wait at all because owner decided to get off his lazy arse to help him, despite my trying to get help for 20 minutes.

I realize gun shops are busy and I was very patient I thought but this is pure BS. I bought a firearm from them in the past and I would rank that experience maybe a 4-5 out of 10, with the gun room being a "0" and lucky sporting goods being a "10". This experience makes me rank Kieth's lower than that previous 4-5. I can't see any reason to ever set foot in that place again when there are good gun shops and ffls around (I had tried lucky sporting goods for the ammo first along with a couple bimarts and 1 coastal). I'm going to try NW armory and/or Oregon Arms and Ammunition to find the 45LC ammo as I've had good customer service at both those places.

There was another member who recently posted about a bad experience at Keith's but I can't seem to find it.

Last Edited:
I rarely, rarely, ever go to brick and mortar shops anymore. Mostly as the experience you had is similar among many of them. Combined with usually higher prices on things and lack of services like decent priced transfers and such, I'm surprised brick and mortar stores are still in business.

I routinely drive by a bunch of them on a regular basis because of better places farther away.

I've talked to them on the phone, they've talked me out of stopping by.

ETA: Never heard of such a thing as a wait list to get customer service at a gun store. WTF they want to be like the DMV? Guess so, I make effort to avoid that place too.

Last Edited:
I had some luck today. Bought a rifle at Bimart and was number one on the bc calls. Took about 15 minutes to buy my rifle. Longest part was filling out the tablet. Love Bimart.

I have had similar experiences there as well as their tables at gun shows. I always stop bye to fondle something I've been interested in and then vote with my wallet. They usually only have time for me if I'm literally holding cash in hand. I've only made one purchase from them but always give them a chance. I worked a job for 17 years where customer service was the only way to keep your job and I excelled at it. I'll gladly pay higher prices for better service.

I believe you @ilikegunspdx and I don't get it. It's good practice not to give a***oles your money. I will pay more to go elsewhere and not be made angry. The time we have on this earth is just too short.
Yea I was trying to be civil with the lady when she said she would put me on the list. I think she was embarrassed tbh. I told her just forget it.

In times of shortages customer service goes to heck. Once supplies come back and they really want customers then customer service will return. Unfortunately gas prices are going to lessen the number of buyers. Feast or famine, that's retail.

You should have told her you have a list of your own, and they just won a place on it then walked out as you "saluted" the owner…..
Reminds me of "the quiet man" John Wayne movie. The big squire Dannehur has his peon write the name of anyone who crosses him in the little book then strikes a line through it. I've got them in my book ha ha. Skip to the 1:04 mark in this clip:

Kieths has never been known for customer service…. I'm surprised people are still shocked when they go in there. If you want a feel good gun shop Kieths ain't it.

It is posted on the door at Keith's you now need to sign the list to get service. I had a similar experience to OP the first time I was in there since that rule went into effect. Frustrating, but it's a gun shop, not a jack shack, so it's not where I go expecting to be coddled. In general Oregon businesses give terrible customer service so what do you expect.

It's still my favorite gun shop because they have or can get everything, have a great used section, and there are always, always amazing deals in there. It is also very democratic in the sense that they have a very diverse clientele and they are all treated as equally worthless :)

Beginning in the days in the little building across the street from his current location I have purchased more than a few firearms from Keith's.

And upon a recent visit I too noticed that you need to sign in upon entering the store if you are going to want service. (Rather than just looking.)

I am sure it is no surprise to anyone here that there are firearms "Enthusiasts" who buy, trade, and sell thousands of dollars of goods with Keith's every month.
(These are the guys who get service asap without signing in, not that it is right, or fair, just stating a fact.)

Why will I no longer do any business with Keith's?

I purchased a $3K+ firearm and had it shipped to Keith's who had done other FFL transfers for me. When I arrived Keith told me that the transfer was going to cost 10% of the purchase price. I told Keith that that was outrageous given that my previous experiences were much more reasonable.

Keith finally charged me a flat $100.- for the transfer. I do not know if my experience is still Keith's policy for FFL transfers but that is how it went down in my case.

No more business with Keith for me, ever again.

Last Edited:
It is posted on the door at Keith's you now need to sign the list to get service. I had a similar experience to OP the first time I was in there since that rule went into effect. Frustrating, but it's a gun shop, not a jack shack, so it's not where I go expecting to be coddled. In general Oregon businesses give terrible customer service so what do you expect.

It's still my favorite gun shop because they have or can get everything, have a great used section, and there are always, always amazing deals in there. It is also very democratic in the sense that they have a very diverse clientele and they are all treated as equally worthless :)
That is nuts! The door was propped wide open when I walked in and there was no sign. Maybe there was a sign on the other side I don't know. But that side there was a lady sitting there with some sort of pack and you couldn't enter that way if you wanted to. Unprofessional BS on their part.

I don't expect to be coddled, that should be clear from my post. I do expect some sort of reasonable customer service not what happened as I outlined in my first post. I've shopped at junk yards for years for example and even they aren't this bad.

Also I wasn't browsing looking at guns or literally anything else. I was standing in front of the 45LC cowboy ammo the entire time. Even leaning over to read the boxes. They were right next to me and I never moved from that spot nor looked at anything else, including the guns in the case.

Kieth's will get zero of my $ moving forward. I don't care if it's a good deal or not. I try to treat people with respect and expect the bare minimum of that in return at least.

Last Edited:
Beginning in the days in the little building across the street from his current location I have purchased more than a few firearms from Keith's.

And upon a recent visit I too noticed that you need to sign in upon entering the store if you are going to want service. (Rather than just looking.)

I am sure it is no surprise to anyone here that there are firearms "Enthusiasts" who buy, trade, and sell thousands of dollars of goods with Keith's every month.
(These are the guys who get service asap without signing in, not that it right, or fair, just stating a fact.)

Why will I no longer do any business with Keith's?

I purchased a $3K+ firearm and had it shipped to Keith's who had done other FFL transfers for me. When I arrived Keith told me that the transfer was going to cost 10% of the purchase price. I told Keith that that was outrageous given that my previous experiences were much more reasonable.

Keith finally charged me a flat $100.- for the transfer. I do not know if my experience is still Keith's policy for FFL transfers but that is how it went down in my case.

No more business with Keith for me.
Wow ahole employees who treat people like garbage, fleece you any way they can, what a great place (smh).

That is nuts! The door was propped wide open when I walked in and there was no sign. Maybe there was a sign on the other side I don't know. But that side there was a lady sitting there with some sort of pack and you couldn't enter that way if you wanted to. Unprofessional BS on their part.

I don't expect to be coddled, that should be clear from my post. I do expect some sort of reasonable customer service not what happened as I outlined in my first post. I've shopped at junk yards for years for example and even they aren't this bad. Kieth's will get zero of my $ moving forward. I don't care if it's a good deal or not. I try to treat people with respect and expect the bare minimum of that in return at least.
I suspect Keith's doesn't care about return customers or they would have better customer service. I bought one handgun from the store years ago and never went back. I just don't want anything that badly.

I suspect Keith's doesn't care about return customers or they would have better customer service. I bought one handgun from the store years ago and never went back. I just don't want anything that badly.
Yea I was sitting in bimart parking lot after striking out there and thought "I don't want to go there" but it was only 5 minutes away and someone told me they stock 45LC ammo so I went. Never again. I would rather overpay shipping costs than support that business. But I'll try nwarmory and oregon guns and ammo first probably.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top