JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is indeed tough at times working with the public. But if you choose a business that involves working with the public, then you need to be on your best behavior or you'll find yourself losing business. There is a point when a customer is out of line, but until that point is reached you shouldn't have a bad attitude with a customer just because you've had some bad interaction with a previous customer.
My story with Keith's is a bit different. I used to stop there often, and quit when the store got busy enough to require signing in, or waiting in line. But a friend who had bought from Keith for decades asked me to go with him to get my opinion on a used rifle he wanted to buy. He'd been there the day before and Keith told him he could buy it for $1400, so he asked if he would hold it so he could bring a friend to look at it the next day.
We walked into the store, and talked with Keith awhile, and then my friend asked him to bring the rifle out. Keith went and got it, and as he handed it to my friend he told him he had changed the price on it. My friend told him he thought they'd made a deal, and shook on it? Keith said he talked to another gun guy and needed to get triple what he'd quoted! My buddy was extremely upset, and we left. He's never been back since, and they lost his business. He'd purchased numerous guns every year for over 20 years, and it was sad to see him treated this way. But really sad that the owner has no morals, and his handshake is worthless.

It is indeed tough at times working with the public. But if you choose a business that involves working with the public, then you need to be on your best behavior or you'll find yourself losing business. There is a point when a customer is out of line, but until that point is reached you shouldn't have a bad attitude with a customer just because you've had some bad interaction with a previous customer.
My story with Keith's is a bit different. I used to stop there often, and quit when the store got busy enough to require signing in, or waiting in line. But a friend who had bought from Keith for decades asked me to go with him to get my opinion on a used rifle he wanted to buy. He'd been there the day before and Keith told him he could buy it for $1400, so he asked if he would hold it so he could bring a friend to look at it the next day.
We walked into the store, and talked with Keith awhile, and then my friend asked him to bring the rifle out. Keith went and got it, and as he handed it to my friend he told him he had changed the price on it. My friend told him he thought they'd made a deal, and shook on it? Keith said he talked to another gun guy and needed to get triple what he'd quoted! My buddy was extremely upset, and we left. He's never been back since, and they lost his business. He'd purchased numerous guns every year for over 20 years, and it was sad to see him treated this way. But really sad that the owner has no morals, and his handshake is worthless.
There's a significant difference between a $1,400 rifle & a $4,200 rifle.

I'm honestly curious why your friend was upset? A deal isn't done until $ changes hands, &/or until a contract is signed.

Has your buddy sold many firearms at a 1/3rd of there going value?

I'm honestly curious why your friend was upset? A deal isn't done until $ changes hands, &/or until a contract is signed.

I would not assume the original price was 1/3 the value. Not at all. You think that white haired dude doesn't know the values?

10:1 he had someone he knew that wanted to buy it and he figured if he can screw over this guy at 3x the value he would do it, otherwise sell to the guy he knows for the original quoted price. That's my guess anyway based on all the slimy deals and shister behavior shown in many earlier posts. Just a guess and my opinion of course.

I would not assume the original price was 1/3 the value. Not at all. You think that white haired dude doesn't know the values?

10:1 he had someone he knew that wanted to buy it and he figured if he can screw over this guy at 3x the value he would do it, otherwise sell to the guy he knows for the original quoted price. That's my guess anyway based on all the slimy deals and shister behavior shown in many earlier posts. Just a guess and my opinion of course.
Ah, that makes sense.

You've gotta be kidding. My friend had a longtime relationship with Keith, and they had agreed on the price, and shook hands on it. I guess you're one of those who would shake hands on a deal, and if somebody else offered you more you'd sell it out from under the buyer you had a deal with?

What happened was a friend of Keith's got involved when Keith told him he had the rifle already sold to a regular customer of his for $1400. The guy wasn't a buyer, but worked for another gun shop and told him it was worth a lot more. So Keith welched on the deal.

You've gotta be kidding. My friend had a longtime relationship with Keith, and they had agreed on the price, and shook hands on it. I guess you're one of those who would shake hands on a deal, and if somebody else offered you more you'd sell it out from under the buyer you had a deal with?
Sigh...

Says the member with how much feedback, vs me with how much feedback? ALL of which positive.

That makes zero sense. Your word is your bond.

I agree. However its obvious today that many do not.

So either a contract or $.

Oooo, dick wagging contest! :s0140:

Just funnin' whid you guys.

And remember what "Assume", or in this case "Guess", makes a person. :D

RE:
"My friend told him he thought they'd made a deal, and shook on it? Keith said he talked to another gun guy and needed to get triple what he'd quoted!"

Just 1 more example of Keith being a TOTAL "CAPITALIST STOOGE" on a Major POWER TRIP of wanting to be
"THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN"!!!!..

He has Demonstrated THAT for a very long time.

My experience w/ him goes back to his very 1st gun show. It was ROSE CITY EXPO when Ken Glass owned it & Keith's Kids were teens.
We both had Islands SxS on the same row. He was FFL & I Pvt Party.

We took turns bringing in the Brewskies..

Then 1 day a car shows up in my Driveway w/ Roland Jacobs & Mike McNall in it.

Both Enforcement Div BATF Special Agents...
After abt a 20 min conversation we parted company as new found friends.

Keith had told them to "Go Check me Out" & that I sold a lot of Guns at Gun Shows....
I have never done Anything either UNLAWFUL Nor ILLEGAL involving Firearms...

Wes Knodel told me that Keith had "Bragged Abt" telling the Agents to check out Pvt Party & other FFL "Competition" at Shows...

If I were to use the Current day Vernacular describing that "So-Called Man" Joey Link would have to ban me for a while...

NUF CED!!!

1665341239136.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany