JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never been a big fan of Dick's but was tempted to buy one of those Troy AR's during blackfriday but didn't want to deal with the herds at the gun counter like I did last year at Wholesale Sports. At least he was able to get not 1, but 2 Troy AR's and courtesy $100 Gift Card for the inconvenience. I assume that maybe he's mad because he missed out making another $1,000 with that 3rd AR.

That makes two of us. Hardly ever shopped there anyways so it won't affect me much. Did by a gun safe a few years ago from them....live and learn.

I got the last Troy 5.56 carbine rifle on Thanksgiving. I rarely use Dicks anyway, and don't plan to ever again after this incident. I just feel for those who were promised a troy carbine if they placed a back-order, and now they refuse to fill the orders they promised. I came close to back-ordering another one myself.. Now these customers have to pay 2-3 times the price because Dicks didn't follow through. People believed Dicks word, decided to wait it out and not buy elsewhere.. now their screwed. Troy should have never made the rifle exclusive for Dicks.. You will never see this rifle for less than $1800 (if not much more) again.

I had heard a years ago that Dick's was not gun friendly, from friends on the east coast that had dealt with them for many years. But when they opened in Portland I shopped there often and did not find the Portland stores to be that way. In fact I did buy a couple of long guns from them. A shotgun and hunting rifle. Lots of hunting clothing.

I think I will hang out at Fisherman's Marine and local gun stores more in the future. The big box stores are too political and swing with the current emotional political agenda. Thats not fair to buyers.

I know Bi-Mart is not into the black guns or high capacity magazines at all, but they have been that way from the beginning I believe. Although I did see one of those scary Ruger Ranch Rifles on the rack with a OMG 20 round magazine. I hurried by concerned that it would jump off the rack and start spraying bullets down the aisles.

If you decide not to shop at Dick's make sure you drop them a line and let them know you are concerned with their gun policies. Next they will decide that pump 12 gauges are the scary evil gun of the day, just like in Australia.

Was wondering when that would happen, they never allowed mags before.. was strange to me they didn't remove the auctions sooner.

Don't buy mags on eBay you will only get ripped off.. try here.. really great deal on well made mags:

I have bid on some Pmags on Ebay. Well all my bids have been canceled, so now we know where Ebay stands on the gun ban. So people need to boycott Ebay! Please spread the news so we can fight back.

Dick's keeps doing more to insure I'll never walk into one of their stores again.

Same here.

As if a company policy like that isn't enough to tip the scale for me... I had the honor of receiving an impromptu a$$-chewing from the old fart (my age) behind the Washington Square Dick's gun counter about a week after the latest massacre. I was picking up a gun cabinet on sale, and idly asked what was happening with the AR-15's.

To anyone within earshot, it appeared that I had done something inappropriate and needed a lecture. In a nutshell, he started spouting that he "used one in combat" (really, an AR-15???), he's a grandfather now, and "people just don't need them." I assume he meant AR-15's, not grandfathers.

His tone was loud and conscending. I had done nothing wrong, but it felt humiliating for a number of strangers to see his emotional reaction directed at me - as if I somehow deserved it. A$$hole.

Leaving the store, I asked for THE Manager and got "A Manager" (about the age of my boy in Afghanistan). He nodded as if he'd heard this exact complaint more than a few times before, and said, "he does that with the war stories and stuff." Said he would "talk to him about it."

That gun counter guy was an ill-informed, opinionated windbag when he was at GI Joe's in Cedar Hills before they went under. I can't tell you how disappointed I was to see him re-appear at Dick's right after that. Now he's taken that particular store (and maybe all Dick's) off my list of merchants for good.

eBay is based in CA and as such is subject to the laws of the state they do their business in. SImple as that. CA does not allow Hi Cap mags so eBay can't sell hi cap mags.

Theres 173) 10 rd M1 Carbine mags auctions on eBay as of last night. and less then 5 of them actually hold 10rds.

I think everyone should go to dick's and pick up the things that you were wanting and at the check out counter inquire about there policy when you are told they are not fulfilling there orders then say you lost this sale and walk out, this will get the message out better than not going into the store.

The fact that Dicks will not sell hand guns or hand gun ammo is reason enough for me to have never puchased a thing there. I frequent Heyden Medows Fisherman's on a fairly regular basis and I don't know how Dick stays in buisness, even on a weekend there's only a dozen cars in the lot.

I went to fishermens and the shelves where empty, I asked the guy behind the counter where is all the rifles? He said thats what Santa does. I asked him did he looked like Obama?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top