JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Detachable Magazine NSSF Report

"An estimated 963 million magazines were produced and entered the commercial market between 1990 and 2021. Of the estimated 963 million magazines, approximately 74 percent, or 717 million magazines, have a capacity of 11+ rounds. A majority of the 11+ round capacity magazines are rifle magazines. About 46 percent of the magazines estimated in this study are rifle magazines with 30+ round capacity. The percentage of detachable magazines at 11+ capacity is about 55 percent of total pistol magazines. The amount of 10 and below capacity rifle magazines supplied from the manufacturer is over one and a half times the amount of 30+ capacity rifle magazines. The consumer market totals of rifle magazines show 30+ capacity magazines, over 413 million, are over thirty times the amount available than 10 and below capacity rifle magazines, about 13 million."

For comparison, the most popular pickup truck in the US, the Ford F150, there have been approximately 18 million produced since 1990. I don't think anyone would call the F150 uncommon.

Ford needs to make 945 million more to catch up.

Detachable Magazine NSSF Report

"An estimated 963 million magazines were produced and entered the commercial market between 1990 and 2021. Of the estimated 963 million magazines, approximately 74 percent, or 717 million magazines, have a capacity of 11+ rounds. A majority of the 11+ round capacity magazines are rifle magazines. About 46 percent of the magazines estimated in this study are rifle magazines with 30+ round capacity. The percentage of detachable magazines at 11+ capacity is about 55 percent of total pistol magazines. The amount of 10 and below capacity rifle magazines supplied from the manufacturer is over one and a half times the amount of 30+ capacity rifle magazines. The consumer market totals of rifle magazines show 30+ capacity magazines, over 413 million, are over thirty times the amount available than 10 and below capacity rifle magazines, about 13 million."

Politicians don't care about numbers of whatever. Its all about the feelz :rolleyes: oh and demonizing gun and accessory ownership. Millions of Americans partook of alcohol in the 1920s and the Congress went and did the Prohibition, to a predictable conclusion.
For comparison, the most popular pickup truck in the US, the Ford F150, there have been approximately 18 million produced since 1990. I don't think anyone would call the F150 uncommon.

Ford needs to make 945 million more to catch up.
Again, politicians do not care about numbers except when it suits them or ensure their keeping of seats

Politicians don't care about numbers of whatever. Its all about the feelz :rolleyes: oh and demonizing gun and accessory ownership. Millions of Americans partook of alcohol in the 1920s and the Congress went and did the Prohibition, to a predictable conclusion.

Again, politicians do not care about numbers except when it suits them or ensure their keeping of seats
I know. Just making a point.

As if folks have only been buying standard mags for the past 33years?? :D

Their current shtick is not trying to debate the vast numbers of standard mags though. They are trying to argue that standard mags are not in common use for actual self defense so not protected under the 2A. IOW, the average number of rounds "used" by way of trigger pulls only averages 2~ish, no where near 10, so they are being exceedingly generous by only trying to ban 10+.

Of course that average also including every instance where a firearm is present but not actually fired.

We've already seen sitting judges accepting the "commonly used in self defense" arguments... in lieu of the actual, "commonly used for [all] lawful purposes" doctrine. If they are successful at redefining the common use test, how long do you think it will be before 10 becomes 8? 5??

I thought Heller/Bruen stated "commonly possessed for (all) lawful purposes such as..."?
Heller basically just stated, ""The Second Amendment protects the possession and use of weapons that are in common use at the time."

Bruen reaffirmed and expanded it saying something like, "weapons that are in common use by law-abiding citizens, for lawful purposes... like self defense." [I don't recall the exact wording. "like"(?). "such as"(?)].

Not to go off on a tangent, but that also clarifies the illegal immigrant 2A issue. Bruen clearly defined it to be "law-abiding citizens".
But that's another thread.... 😅

Good information , thank you for posting it @The Heretic .

"Gee...I'm glad that my relative was murdered with a firearm that had a magazine that held 10 rounds or less."
Said no one ever.

I understand that idea here ain't about safety or crime...
It is about control , as in control over people.

I also understand the laws , rules , regulations , restrictions and the like are only effective if people decide to follow and or obey them.
The people that do decide to follow / obey them....ain't the problem.
It's the folks that don't obey laws that are the problem....you know...criminals.

Where it gets really bad is when....
Otherwise law abiding folks disobey a law , restriction , what-have-you....
Then , they become criminals as well.
And as a general rule...those same folks still ain't the problem...they just want to be left alone and be able to own what they want or have owned...till some magic stroke of a pen , made it illegal to do so.

I for one....am damn sick and tired of being made to suffer the consequences of someone else's criminal acts.
I and millions of other firearm owners have not harmed anyone with our firearms....
Why should we be punished for others and their misdeeds...?
Andy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads