JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Ammunition Background Check Act of 2018 aims to close the latest so-called loophole, with one Dem claiming, "You do not have the right to bear bullets." Several states require background checks or permits, but a national requirement was eliminated by President Ronald Reagan when he signed the Firearms Owners Protection Act into law after the ATF director and the Secretary of the Treasury to which ATF then reported said the measure had no impact on reducing crime.
Dems introduce bill to require background checks on ammunition sales

It just has to be an congressional election year doesn't it?

Our legislative body truly is not that disconnected from their state's citizens are they?

what they need to do is get a handicapped black lady from the inner city on the TV saying how she can not afford to buy a gun and the ammo now to protect her family. A bit like all the poor people who cant afford ID to vote.

The left is going to try every possible angle to asphyxiate us. New taxes are coming next, just wait. This has been their MO for as long as I can remember: death by paperwork, oversight, and taxes.

BTW IMO all of these things are just a referendum on Donald Trump. They're lumping us gun owners in with the whole lot of Nazis, sexual harassers, racists, and general purpose misogynists.

Ammo... California is already there.
Too much government.
ID(TAX), vehicle registration(TAX), FUEL(TAXed), the law passed that forces people to have car insurance(TAX) buying a firearm(BGC(TAX))
Own a home(so many TAXes), want to build on your own land(permits(TAX))
Want to park in the state or national forest(TAX) let alone in a "downtown" area of most any city(TAX), the rich get richer, while the poor get poorer.
One day people will get sick of struggling to feed their families and not actually being able to own anything, lets face it, even if you've paid off your property and then fail to pay property taxes, the police will boot you from your home, eventually. That's NOT ownership, that's a long term lease at the bank of the US govt.

I saw this almost happen to a 55yr old friend on mine, he bought his family home after his parents passed away, he thought for some reason he wouldnt have to pay property tax, last year the city of Portland hit him with a 12,000$ bill for back property taxes. They gave him one year to pay it off or the police were gonna kick him out, he bought the property for 35k$, its worth 350,000$ now im sure this is why the city was going to boot him.
I see ammo being TAXed in one form or another real soon. Permits, a general TAX, some way some how the politician cowards will get between us and our money/firearms/ammo.

Politicians need to go away,
no NEW laws for 4 years,
politicians can only have their position for 2years,
then they can never have that position in govt again,
we need to end career politics,
these people should only make an average of what there constituents make,
every politician should be drug tested every 6months,
If they pass Anti-gun laws they should have their security removed(they have firearms),
Politician need to be made to know that they work for us, and are not our overlords to pass laws without the people's votes.

The next step will be limits on the type/number of rounds allowable, referencing the NFA restrictions or Destructive Decide restrictions. No one NEEDS more than 100 rounds of rifle ammo, right? You can keep the pistol ammo (for now) but nothing bigger than X caliber or velocity or...

Nearly 1.3 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day. An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled. More than half of all road traffic deaths occur among young adults ages 15-44.

There are around 263 million registered cars. Stats show 300M firearms with 33,000 or so gun related deaths. 3/4 are suicide. Less than 3% are murdered by rifles. By their own logic shouldn't drivers require drivers license check every time we fill our tanks? Car drivers are more likely to kill you by any matrix over gun violence. They say, well cars aren't designed to kill. Really?

If we are limited to 100 rds of ammo I'm going to be in a HUGE amount of trouble.

I I get crazy I easily have enough reloading supplies to shoot pretty much anytime I want for the rest of my life. And a good portion of my sons life. SO they can stick their taxes right up their Axes

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top