JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A good overview of the case:
Interesting:
Lead plaintiff in the case is Kim Rhode, who shoots skeet and trap, is the only U.S. individual athlete to win medals in six consecutive Olympics and the only American to win Olympic medals on five different continents.
99.8% of ammunition check denials were erroneous.
In effect, the California DOJ has inverted the normal system of background checks to turn it into a system of presumptive denial.

For the last 170 years, California citizens were able to purchase wanted or needed ammunition without background checks.
Defendant-Appellant Xavier Becerra, in his official capacity as the Attorney General of the State of California, hereby moves this Court on an emergency basis for an order staying the district court's preliminary injunction order ...
So fed up with these politicians misusing emergency clauses. Fed up with them ignoring our Constitution.

Hopefully those California ammo-hungry people are having a Berlin Airlift of ammo coming their way!

It appears to be a mixed bag. Some who acted early have gotten actual shipping info, while others just have shipping labels and aren't sure if they will actuality go out. Some ammo companies gave CA orders priority and others appeared to dilly-dally and negated the orders.

This same situation happened last year with the magazine Freedom Week. There were many that were happy their orders were fulfilled/received; whereas, many others were ticked at not getting their orders or at how some companies did not give good service.

Lesson to be learned - these things are always a crap shoot and it is better to order early than late for pricing and delivery purposes.

It appears to be a mixed bag. Some who acted early have gotten actual shipping info, while others just have shipping labels and aren't sure if they will actuality go out. Some ammo companies gave CA orders priority and others appeared to dilly-dally and negated the orders.

The most savvy I expect, crossed a state border and stocked up.

For those depending on shipping, I wonder what the status of an order is that shipped before the 9th circuit clamped down, but will arrive afterwards.

Wow, such BS... Punish all to prohibit the few. I got an idea, prosecute and incarcerate criminals and let the rest of us exercise our God given and constitutional rights. Dang leftists... They need to be voted out and removed from power. Period...
Agreed.

It amazes me to see to see the numbers quoted in Judge Benitez's injunction document, in seven months of background checks:

188 prohibited persons stopped from purchasing ammo

101,047 non prohibited persons (16.4% of total background checks) stopped from purchasing

A great price to pay in time, money and denied rights for such a small return :(

Agreed.

It amazes me to see to see the numbers quoted in Judge Benitez's injunction document, in seven months of background checks:

188 prohibited persons stopped from purchasing ammo

101,047 non prohibited persons (16.4% of total background checks) stopped from purchasing

A great price to pay in time, money and denied rights for such a small return :(

And if our rulers were being honest, no prohibited person will be stopped -- they'll simply stop buying in stores and at least paying sales tax and maybe creating purchase records, and move to the black market. Just as CA is reducing black market goods by legalizing pot, it is adding an item to the black market to make sure gangs have a source of revenue. Pretty stupid.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top