JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Key Democrats in both the Senate and the House of the State of Washington have vowed this week to continue to try to get Senate Bill 5073 passed in the current 2017 Legislative Session. While the Washington Senate's Policy Committee already approved the bill, it was then blocked in the Fiscal Committee, which is chaired by Republican Sen. John Braun, an opponent of the bill, who refused to give it a vote. Both Democratic Sen. David Frockt and House Democratic Rep. Roger Goodman have stated this week that they will continue to push for passage of this legislation this year.

Senate Bill 5073 significantly lowers the standard under which members of law enforcement can be charged with crimes when using deadly force. Brawn and Frockt both believe that the legislation is necessary, in order to stop what they consider to be a wave of unnecessary police shootings taking place in the state of Washington.

Are too many people being wrongfully shot and killed by the police in Washington? Do more members of law enforcement need to be prosecuted? What do you think?

<broken link removed>

I think there idiots and if there not careful no one will want to be a policeman because the criminals have all the rights.

The ladies and gentleman in blue deserve to come home to there families at night.

I agree with the above post.
I would have quoted it but I wasn't sure how, I clicked the quote icon and nothing happened.
Seattle PD is short about 200 people.
State Patrol had to lower the application age to 19 1/2 because of a lack of applicants.
19 1/2!!!! I was still an idiot at 19 1/2.
I spent my life in hospitals and trauma centers and I have nothing but respect for law enforcement.
All of the negative feedback and lack of support they are getting will come back to bite
the general public in the behind eventually.
It amazes me when I see someone criticizing and castigating law enforcement when they couldn't
do the job on their best day.
In the emergency rooms they were my best friends and actually good people trying to do a difficult job.

"Task force membership included a diverse swath of representatives from law enforcement, public defenders (lawyers), prosecutors (more lawyers), civil rights groups (BLM), community representatives (organizers), and legislators (idiots with power).

With a task force like this (in red) our police protection will be forced to not protect anyone correctly...
Hands up please don't shoot because I'm a po defenseless ethnically & impoverished challenged criminal, go and arrest those right-wing gun nutz....

They can only micro manage so much and they have crossed that line 50 years ago!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This "war on Cops" is like pretty much everything liberals do. They claim they are helping the minorities and little guy. Again they are screwing them. Cops in many places now are very hesitant to stop crime. This leaves the people who scream the loudest to live in a sewer of crime. Then what's the first thing they do? Scream for the Gov. to do something.

Makes me wonder why cops support Police Union leadership who have hermetically-sealed liplocks on the buttholes of the people who do this crap and get them killed?

#MakeWARightToWorkAgain

Makes me wonder why cops support Police Union leadership who have hermetically-sealed liplocks on the buttholes of the people who do this crap and get them killed?

#MakeWARightToWorkAgain
More and more of the rank and file are not. The Union powers that be do. Liberals are Liberals first and everything else comes second. The guys on the street are getting a real belly full of this real fast. The reason Trump won so handily was the over the top way the Liberals have been acting. I very much hope they keep this up until the mid terms.

"Task force membership included a diverse swath of representatives from law enforcement, public defenders (lawyers), prosecutors (more lawyers), civil rights groups (BLM), community representatives (organizers), and legislators (idiots with power).

With a task force like this (in red) our police protection will be forced to not protect anyone correctly...
Hands up please don't shoot because I'm a po defenseless ethnically & impoverished challenged criminal, go and arrest those right-wing gun nutz....

They can only micro manage so much and they have crossed that line 50 years ago!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

They're called, "bubblegum's"... as in, "I bubblegum nufin' and the po-po shot me anyways!"

:rolleyes:

I have said for years now the two most thankless jobs are cops and school teachers. Neither of them can do their jobs without someone (usually a liberal) telling them they are doing it wrong and both are dealing with the dregs of society from irresponsible parents.

Hiring practices are killing us right now. Standards are extremely high regarding the background checks. People are excluded for getting into fights as a teen or smoking pot, etc. I'd rather hire someone who has a good head and the experience to know they arent made of glass than some straight-out-of college virgin who is afraid of their shadow.

We arent hiring the 6'3" 220lb country boy who has been in a few fights and has some shoulders. We are hiring the 5'3 125lb intellectual who talks too much, listens too little, and doesn't realize they've bitten off more they can chew and the only way out is to use "tools".

Fix that, and you'll fix a bunch of iffy shootings.

Hiring practices are killing us right now. Standards are extremely high regarding the background checks. People are excluded for getting into fights as a teen or smoking pot, etc. I'd rather hire someone who has a good head and the experience to know they arent made of glass than some straight-out-of college virgin who is afraid of their shadow.

We arent hiring the 6'3" 220lb country boy who has been in a few fights and has some shoulders. We are hiring the 5'3 125lb intellectual who talks too much, listens too little, and doesn't realize they've bitten off more they can chew and the only way out is to use "tools".

Fix that, and you'll fix a bunch of iffy shootings.

I agree, you guys & gals have a tough job that I couldn't do because the perps would get instant judge, jury & sentencing in one shot.... I see a lot of WSP kids out on the road, at least that's what they look like to me....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top