JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was his father's gun, and based on the age it's easy to figure an old 1911 or a wheel gun. Based on the DA's statement I think the guy will get out of it without any problems. But even still, he used a family heirloom to defend his life. If he gets convicted of ANYTHING then this country (at least parts of it) is truly lost.

One report said a Rossi .38 -- what did the DA say? Somehow I missed that.

You posted it, #17 in this thread.

I see -- that's just on the shooting. For the gun itself if convicted he faces 16-48 months.

This guy is so poor that he has no cell service, his electricity is cut off, he can't afford bail and because he has no place to go while the police are in his house, he said he might as well just stay in jail anyway. He's 62 [EDIT: 64], his family is dead, he was robbed, and when he defended himself when they tried to rob him again, HE ends up in jail and could get up to 4 years in prison for some absolute bullbubblegum reason. How effed up is that?

Last Edited:
It was his father's gun, and based on the age it's easy to figure an old 1911 or a wheel gun. Based on the DA's statement I think the guy will get out of it without any problems. But even still, he used a family heirloom to defend his life. If he gets convicted of ANYTHING then this country (at least parts of it) is truly lost.

I was just making a guess on the gun make/model. Thought my post kind of eluded to that.........

I see -- that's just on the shooting. For the gun itself if convicted he faces 16-48 months.

This guy is so poor that he has no cell service, his electricity is cut off, he can't afford bail and because he has no place to go while the police are in his house, he said he might as well just stay in jail anyway. He's 62, his family is dead, he was robbed, and when he defended himself when they tried to rob him again, HE ends up in jail and could get up to 4 years in prison for some absolute bullbubblegum reason. How effed up is that?

Not trying to nitpick, but he is 64 according to all the reports. :)

The good news is that he can plead the 2A as a challenge to the statute. The current Supreme Court is likely to rule that a state cannot force you to obtain a permission slip to exercise your right to defend yourself in your home with a gun. The downside is that even if that argument prevails it will not occur immediately. As the saying goes "you can beat the rap but you can't beat the ride."

The good news is that he can plead the 2A as a challenge to the statute. The current Supreme Court is likely to rule that a state cannot force you to obtain a permission slip to exercise your right to defend yourself in your home with a gun. The downside is that even if that argument prevails it will not occur immediately. As the saying goes "you can beat the rap but you can't beat the ride."
He's in for a long and painful fight if he goes that route, but I hope he does. Not to wish ill on him, but something has to be done about these heinous state gun laws that are popping up everywhere.

First I would like to say that I do not agree with the registering of firearms of any kind...
Then I would like to say that this story gives one , some food for thought with the idea of non-compliance...Be it intentional or not.

Now to be honest , I have said that I will not comply in regards to certain things...and still say this...just as I said , the OP , gives me , at least something to think about.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads