Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Deer/Elk Friends

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by jp1985, Sep 17, 2013.

1. jp1985

jp1985 Linn County, Oregon Active Member

I am looking to get a hunting group together for western deer rifle and either coastal or cascade elk. anyone interested.

2. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

Where are you going?

3. jp1985

Was thinking cascades or coast i have a few places i go to. Do you have a good spot?

4. Grizzly_A

I guess I'll find out if I have a good spot this weekend. We are hunting general western buck down in Linn county.

5. jp1985

Same here I live in Lebanon I just move around to better my chances :) what part of linn are you guys going to be hunting if you don't mind me asking. Always looking to meet people from the forums

6. Grizzly_A

The eastern side. You have a PM.

7. lazerblazer

lazerblazer Portland Active Member

I am interested in going with some folks as well, I am up north in Portland. This would be a first-time for me.

-LazerBlazeR

8. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

I may have a open seat for tomorrow opening day leaving from oregon city . My crew bailed on me on the best day of the season

9. jp1985

Ive been out all day today and had a blast. I did not fill my tag, but I saw a doe and heard what i thought to be a cougar while out. I am going to try and get out again next weekend.

JP

10. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

I was going to and coming home from work and saw five deer really close up from my motorcycle today. On Orcas just N of the ferry terminal I saw the doe trot across in front of me, no big deal and then the fawn but again, I slowed... but the dadgum twin fawn following way in the rear almost ran in to the side of the motorcycle. Again within a mile of the ferry landing in Anacortes a couple of does but they were running parallel. That tail gunner fawn came close to being venison this AM.

Brutus Out