JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think all the striker fire 10mm are comparable. Then wheel guns and then there is 1911s. Depends on what you intend to use it for and what scratches your itch is up to you. I have a sig 1911 and M&P 10mm love them both, hoping to add a wheel gun next time I have some cash and find one.

20211229_141542.jpg 20210220_153253.jpg

Ok boys and girls, it looks like I might be getting one in the next few weeks. I know where I can get the S&W M&P2.0 10mm but I'm not sure who might have the 1911 models, springfield XD models or the Glock or Sig models available, any help is appreciated. Hoping to check them out soon and make a final choice.

Ok boys and girls, it looks like I might be getting one in the next few weeks. I know where I can get the S&W M&P2.0 10mm but I'm not sure who might have the 1911 models, springfield XD models or the Glock or Sig models available, any help is appreciated. Hoping to check them out soon and make a final choice.
@HDR posted a Sig XTen recently

My tens are all gone now. What I've had were two Colt 1911's, three Smith & Wesson Model 610's, and one Ruger SR 1911. The Ruger was a very accurate gun. In spite of the goofy-looking tapered barrel. Which didn't have a typical 1911 bushing, and I didn't care for the take-down procedure with the little wire thingy. Never having owned the Glock in 10mm, I had doubts about the strength of the system over time. Without any science to back up those doubts, just the little voice. One design I didn't own but considered was the Tanfoglio, CZ design knock-off. I think they are marketed as EAA Witness ("witless"). I think these might be a good pistol in 10mm. I liked 10mm auto, it is versatile, you can load it up or down. I can't shoot autos over 9mm Para anymore due to peripheral neuropathy in my hands, I can't hold onto them reliably. Oh, I forgot the 10mm Auto barrel that I had for T/C Contender.

There is no urgency on the 1911 models in regards to 114 restrictions.
Recommend the X-Ten and get "magged up" now.

May have missed it if anyone else mentioned this - but you can affordably shoot 40 S&W in some 10mm guns, Glock 20 is solid on this point, and obviously wheel guns like the S&W 610. You need to insure there is no residue build up and how the extractor grabs a cartridge is an issue in some 10mm guns. If you're a reloader, all the better.

It's easy to swap barrels too in many models, particularly the G20. Many mags are interchangable from 40-10mm or in reverse, but not all. Years ago, I did a Clark 10mm conversion barrel for my Para P16-40 and love it.

Why I Shoot .40 S&W Ammunition With My Unmodified 10mm GLOCK 20 Pistol

I agree with many others that it "DEPENDS". You should define your use.
Heres my list.

XDm ELITE COMPACT - I carry this in a chest rig or OWB when Jeepin or in a chest pack when dirt bikin. this replaced my G29

Dan Wesson VBOB - Range toy. Awesome quality as is EVERY DW!

Dan Wesson VALOR 5" - Again, FANTASTIC QUALITY and a most accurate shooter.

GIRSAN HUNTER FDE - Picking this up as soon as my dealer LGS gets it. The most beautiful and affordable 6" 1911. I hope that its half as good as it looks.

CMMG BANSHEE - Soo fun! Flawless. Great truck gun.

One of the biggest "issues" with shootin 10mm is getting the ammo at a reasonable cost. Most of the time I'll order 500 rnds from SPORTSMANS GUIDE. If you become a member, it can save you $$$. try some hot loads. I like UNDERWOOD. They have a 140 grn that runs 1500fps.

Heres a link to me shootin some through my Dan Wesson VBOB.

Alright boys and girls is come down to 3 options now all full size.
  1. Springfield XDM
  2. S&W M&P 2.0
  3. Glock 20 Gen 4
I love the 1911 models but sadly the ones I want are currently out or beyond my cost range.

I've shot a box through a friend's Dan Wesson and several factory load boxes through another's unmodified G40 MOS.
I own a G20 and SR1911/10, had an EAA Witness compact in 10.
Dan Wesson are impeccable. I lament the one I missed by 1 minute on this forum.
My SR1911 is the most accurate pistol I own (in my hands). It handles full house loads without problem - a full 1.5gr of AA#9 more than the G20 using 180gr WCs.
EAAs are awesome and worth every penny. The recoil on the compact with full power loads made the gun impractical, so I sold it. If I could have found a Hunter then, I'd likely still have it.

The G40 MOS handles higher power loads much better than the G20.
The G20? It works. It's reliable. It concealed carries like a brick. I do not recommend it for use with stout loads. I have wanted to upgrade it since buying it, which means it's *meh*. (Recoil spring and sights).
Glock 10mm's are bomb-proof as well. Unsupported chambers aren't really a thing since the Gen4.
I'd disagree with that. I've pulled the barrels on my SR1911 and G20.
The G20 chamber diameter has visibly more room than the Ruger, has easily 2mm of case unsupported under the ramp area, whilst the Ruger is fully supported and snug.
And yes, I can measure a difference in the fired cases between the two. I bought a RCBS full case resizer for that.
The one positive of the G20 & G40, they're the only Glocks I've tried that fit my hand. They are not natural pointers, though, being high when I pull up, due to grip angle.

I think if you settle on something that isn't what you really want because it's a little bit cheaper, then mod it to make it something it isn't you probably won't be happy in the long run. I found it more expensive to settle, sell shortly after at a loss and then re-buy what I really wanted then it is to just save a little bit and buy what I really wanted in the first place.

Alright boys and girls is come down to 3 options now all full size.
  1. Springfield XDM
  2. S&W M&P 2.0
  3. Glock 20 Gen 4
I love the 1911 models but sadly the ones I want are currently out or beyond my cost range.
1. Not a Croatian Sensation fan
2. Never warmed up to the M&P
3. G20 - yes....smooth shooter
4. SIG X-Ten - best 10mm striker fired

When I was buying my X-Ten, my FFL said...
"Crap, I just bought the XDM 10mm. I wouldn't have if I knew this (X-Ten) was coming out."

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top