JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Alexx, where is it that you live (generally speaking, to retain your OPSEC) that you have wild dogs running around? The Northern Territory of Australia...? o_O

View attachment 1790818
The Coyotes here look a lot like those dogs from down under. Tend to be rather small here though. Real healthy ones are the size of maybe a smaller med size dog. Damn things can jump a 6 ft fence like nothing which is how they adapt so well here.
We have them where I work too. Years back a co worker came in all freaked out. Said he heard a cat making all kinds of noise in the woods past the parking area. Then all of a sudden the sound stopped and soon he heard the Coyote call. I told him it had just killed someone's cat and was now ringing the dinner bell. :s0140:

1706921557577.png

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I think this guy needs a spa day at the least!
The one that killed the power got free electrolysis treatment :s0140:
Every now and then I see a Crow here do that on one of the transformers here. They will be up there playing around and all of a sudden you hear what sounds like a gunshot. Look at the camera and you see the one who got hit nose dive to the ground so hard they bounce when they hit. The rest of them will raise hell for a while circling trying to figure out what happened to their buddy.

Don't go outside or they'll hold you responsible. Vindictive little bastages....
LOL, I often feed them so they tend to like me. The place I live has a lot of nesting sites for them so we end up with a LOT of them. We also have predator birds the come to hunt. The smaller Hawks the Crows will harass a little but sometimes leave them alone. Now and then a Brown or Bald Eagle come in. Now the Crows go on full attack mode. They will harass them until they leave which I like since 3 of my dogs are small enough that the large birds would grab them if they could. The large birds are fun to see but scary when they are on the property to hunt. So I reward the resident Crows for chasing them off.

Don't go outside or they'll hold you responsible. Vindictive little bastages....
Actually correct. Crows are crappy (literally) creatures. They DO remember people and they do do things to antagonize other animals and people. Working down on the Square (in PDX) in the early morning hours they would congregate in the trees and make a real racket and poop all over the sidewalks. They'd be there for an hour or more and then....suddenly they would be gone! Crows are smart, and like shiny objects. They are thieves and will steal anything you leave out.

Actually correct. Crows are crappy (literally) creatures. They DO remember people and they do do things to antagonize other animals and people. Working down on the Square (in PDX) in the early morning hours they would congregate in the trees and make a real racket and poop all over the sidewalks. They'd be there for an hour or more and then....suddenly they would be gone! Crows are smart, and like shiny objects. They are thieves and will steal anything you leave out.
That's a fact! I shot one with a BB gun as a kid and the crow clan would always show up when I went out into the back yard and give me hell. So I shot a couple more and they got the message. :)

Good while back they built a Wally close to where we used to live. When built it was just vacant land. After it opened I have to guess the area must have been a meet and greet before heading out spot for a HUGE bunch of them. For many years just before light the parking lot and roof of the store would be covered with them. I stopped there now and then after work and it was like something out of some movie. I had never seen that many of them in one place at one time. Then almost as if on cue the entire bunch would start heading off in bunches going different directions. In just a short time there would be almost none left, just a few hanging around looking for trash and such. Over time it finally stopped but damn it was weird looking for a long time there.

Good while back they built a Wally close to where we used to live. When built it was just vacant land. After it opened I have to guess the area must have been a meet and greet before heading out spot for a HUGE bunch of them. For many years just before light the parking lot and roof of the store would be covered with them. I stopped there now and then after work and it was like something out of some movie. I had never seen that many of them in one place at one time. Then almost as if on cue the entire bunch would start heading off in bunches going different directions. In just a short time there would be almost none left, just a few hanging around looking for trash and such. Over time it finally stopped but damn it was weird looking for a long time there.
I kid you not, I'm sitting here reading and hear something. A guess at 50 crows outside the house making a helluva racket. With all those crows flying around squawking I finally see the different flight of a hawk swooping and diving to get away from them. Freaky!

We have three resident crow that I feed daily. This will be year 5 for them. Male, female and a bachelor offspring from three years ago. The off-spring has taken a liking to Wifey. He(?) will follow her to work, a block away, and home again to get peanuts. The three of them will come around when I'm outside and wait for food. They keep the cats out from around my bird feeders. They're more friendly, with better personalities than, most the people that live around us. What's a few big old crow-craps needing to be washed off the car when you have company like that!

I kid you not, I'm sitting here reading and hear something. A guess at 50 crows outside the house making a helluva racket. With all those crows flying around squawking I finally see the different flight of a hawk swooping and diving to get away from them. Freaky!

We have three resident crow that I feed daily. This will be year 5 for them. Male, female and a bachelor offspring from three years ago. The off-spring has taken a liking to Wifey. He(?) will follow her to work, a block away, and home again to get peanuts. The three of them will come around when I'm outside and wait for food. They keep the cats out from around my bird feeders. They're more friendly, with better personalities than, most the people that live around us. What's a few big old crow-craps needing to be washed off the car when you have company like that!
They are VERY smart critters. Long ago Wife was dealing with a family who had a little kid with them who was outside "playing". All of a sudden he comes running into the office screaming. Several Crows were circling outside raising hell. One of them had got the kid in the top of his head. He swore he was minding his own and they attacked him. :s0140:
We knew he had to have found one of their nesting trees and probably tried throwing rocks at them or such as they do not bother the employee's here.

They are VERY smart critters. Long ago Wife was dealing with a family who had a little kid with them who was outside "playing". All of a sudden he comes running into the office screaming. Several Crows were circling outside raising hell. One of them had got the kid in the top of his head. He swore he was minding his own and they attacked him. :s0140:
We knew he had to have found one of their nesting trees and probably tried throwing rocks at them or such as they do not bother the employee's here.
Years ago, when we'd first bought the house, 20 years? The crows were in a huge fir tree and, every day making a racket. Not sure why I made the decision to shoot the pellet way over there. I hit the crow and wounded it. It probably died. :( Over heard a neighbor talking about a wounded crow. I was on their bubblegum list for some time.
Some folks that lived across the road had a baby crow that had fallen out of it's nest walk into their living room. They set it outside their apartment and I figured I'd better get it up on the fence so cats wouldn't kill it. Little guy had the most beautiful dark ,grey/blue eyes. Boy, momma and dad were raising hell! We watched that baby crow for few days, just learning to fly. Then about three days of that, and the next morning found the little guy dead on our front lawn. It is that little guys sibling that follows wifey to work and back.

That's a fact! I shot one with a BB gun as a kid and the crow clan would always show up when I went out into the back yard and give me hell. So I shot a couple more and they got the message. :)
I used to have a few of them that would hang out in the trees behind the house. That was fine until they started pecking on the caulking around a skylight. I would walk outside and quietly stare at the loudest one until they shut up. I think I did that about three times before they stopped coming around. In my city you can't Baldwin them.

I used to have a few of them that would hang out in the trees behind the house. That was fine until they started pecking on the caulking around a skylight. I would walk outside and quietly stare at the loudest one until they shut up. I think I did that about three times before they stopped coming around. In my city you can't Baldwin them.
For any critters you want to run off without harming them, air soft. Have a few battery powered, full auto ones I have used for a couple decades. They are harmless. I can fire them into my bare hand and catch the BB's. Yet they scare living hell out of animals. I guess because they can't figure out what they are being pelleted with. Have used it on dogs and cats up to a HUGE Heron that used to try to eat Wife's Koi.

My house apparently sits on a major Crow flyway from the valley to the timber to roost. Over 25 years ago, I blasted a few as they traveled over. Now decades later, you can see the flocks (a flock of Crows is actually called a "murder") take a 90 degree turn off the flight path when it nears my house, then regain it with another 90 after safely over.

If they were human, such behavior would be called "Generational transfer of survival information", since none of the original Crows witnessing the shooting can possibly be alive now. They teach their kids!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top